Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

101 Projects Book

My wife ordered this for me from Amazon and there is a 1-1/2 month lead time. I tried a few months back to order one and it was backordered. What's up?

Old 06-21-2011, 05:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
newlife

Garage
Why not just order it from Wayne ? I got mine in 4 days.

Rod
Old 06-21-2011, 08:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Same here. About five days because they were waiting on another part.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I'm in Canada, and before the Canada Postal lockout it took less than a week to get it, great book! and great service from Wayne!
Old 06-24-2011, 04:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Order the book directly from Pelican...mine came signed by Wayne. Already saved me big headaches when I needed to R&R my alternator; plus it's enjoyable just to read!
Old 06-28-2011, 11:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

newlife

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatta View Post
Order the book directly from Pelican...mine came signed by Wayne. Already saved me big headaches when I needed to R&R my alternator; plus it's enjoyable just to read!
Yes +100 for Matta,

The book is fun to read and the photos are of the best quality you will ever find. And, you will find yourself getting more and more interested in the way the Porsche engine works, which in my opinion is not a bad way to spend your time! Since Wayne's book I have purchased the Bosch Fuel Injection book and Bently's. But I give Wayne's book 5 stars for sure. Excellent job.

Rod
Old 06-28-2011, 03:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Just curious: how relevant is this book to a 1st generation Cayman?
Old 06-29-2011, 05:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne at Pelican Parts View Post
I have several thousand in stock - Amazon is out of stock right now, but should have some more back in semi-shortly. You can order it here: Pelican Parts.com - 101 Projects for Your Porsche Boxster

-Wayne
If I buy it on-line, can you include a digital copy as well? I like to print the part I'm working on & leave the hard-copy 'clean' for leasure reading in my recliner, dreaming of the next project!
I'd also be interested in a Wayne/Bentley combo pack as well; if you could do that for me, maybe others would be interested as well.
Thanks for everything you put into this great site !!!
1985 (early) 944; gone now, but not forgotten
1974 Fiat X-1/9; my first mid-engine car
Old 06-29-2011, 08:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Author of "101 Projects"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacebird View Post
Just curious: how relevant is this book to a 1st generation Cayman?
About 90-95% relevant. In fact, the cover should have said "Cayman" as well on it - that was an error.

-Wayne
Old 06-29-2011, 09:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Author of "101 Projects"

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNYboater View Post
If I buy it on-line, can you include a digital copy as well? I like to print the part I'm working on & leave the hard-copy 'clean' for leasure reading in my recliner, dreaming of the next project!
I'd also be interested in a Wayne/Bentley combo pack as well; if you could do that for me, maybe others would be interested as well.
Thanks for everything you put into this great site !!!
There are no digital copies floating around, for obvious reasons (too easy to pirate). If you wish to keep a clean copy around, then I recommend purchasing two copies. They are only $20 or so each, and you will spend that much or more printing out the pages on your color printer...

-Wayne
Old 06-29-2011, 09:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Ordered both '101' & Bentley from Pelican a few minutes ago! Looking forward to some 'good reading'. :-)
Old 06-29-2011, 01:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to BlueSideUp
I bought my copy at the local Barnes and Noble. I guess I could have driven up to the HQ in El Segundo to pick one up, it's not quite the same pulling up in the wife's minivan.

I don't even own a Boxster yet but the book is excellent!
Old 07-05-2011, 09:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

So Wayne, what is the new address for when the Aussies come shopping with the great Aussie $$$$.
I bought spark plugs, belt, fuel filter,last October at your location near LAX airport.
This year the shopping list begins with PSS9s,sir wheel bearing tool, braided brake lines and the list goes on.
The deal is, whatever I spend on Boxster stuff, the wife can spend on clothing>
I win.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Canucks Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatta View Post
Does Wayne sign them all, I'm traveling so I can't check my copy but signed is a nice touch. I got mine quick up to Canada and its fun to read, could be a couple of years before I get to really use it on a car, got no room for another car right now and the warden is still getting used to the 930 and I really want a Cayman and they are still pricey up here.
I offered to get the wife a nice convertable for the summer, but when she heard the P word she said no cause I was just buying it for myself and I'd be ripping her off - she's pretty smart that one.
Finn
Old 07-08-2011, 12:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Wayne signed mine. Nice touch, Wayne. Thanks!
Old 07-13-2011, 07:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage
Just got mine this weekend & Wayne signed it as well. Also ordered the Bentley Service Manual.....haven't even broken the shrink-wrap yet; been spending all my time in 101 Projects!

Old 07-13-2011, 05:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: