Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
BW

Garage
speedART Catback for '06-08 Cayman S

You're looking at a used speedART Catback Exhaust for 2006-2008 Cayman S. This is the export, or sport, model for a little more sound. It came off my '06 CS that was totalled last year in accident that destroyed the front of the car. The impact did not affect the rear of the car. My mechanic re-installed the OEM exhaust and everything lined up as normal so I know this system was not tweaked from the impact. I put close to 8,000 miles on the car with this system installed.
My take on the speedART is that it is an excellent system as far as power and sound. I was looking for an exhaust that wouldn't be too loud but impart a great sound at full throttle--and this does! At start up it has a nice growl then settles down to levels very close to OEM. Part throttle is barely louder than stock with a very nice tone. Under full throttle it really wails, it has a higher pitched tone than some of the other popular brands and sounds very Porsche like to my ears--just what I was looking for. My mechanic after a test run told me it sounded like a Cup Car. At the only DE I ran it at I had a number of compliments from other participants for how it sounds, especially under full throttle. From inside the car it's not intrusive at all when cruising around or on the road. My wife and I took a long weekend trip in the CS, 700 miles round-trip, and she thought it sounded fine, even after I reminded her it was a louder, performance exhaust. Don't let anyone tell you these don't drone under load below 2k rpm--they do--but it's not too intrusive and easily managed. speedART claims an 11 hp bump and a review on another site dynoed it and saw around 20 hp. You will need a gasket for the header/exhaust connection and a couple bolts for the bracket.
I've hung on to the system in case I purchased another CS, instead I decided I had an itch for an older 911 and just picked up an '89 Carrera. Maybe in a couple years I'll come back to a late model CS. If your looking for a great performance exhaust that won't get on your nerves and irritate your neighbors--this is the one.

Shipping will be determined by distance. I'll charge you what UPS/FedEx charges me.

1989 Carrera--Rebel Racing Suspension, Patrick Motorsports LtWt Clutch Assembly, Enlarged TB, 964 Cams, SSI, Dansk Sport 2-in-1-out, SW Custom Chip, Turbo Tie Rods, Bump Steer Kit, H4s, Vintage Seats RS Replicas, RS Door Cards--and some other stuff
Old 08-21-2011, 07:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
BW

Garage
Sold!

1989 Carrera--Rebel Racing Suspension, Patrick Motorsports LtWt Clutch Assembly, Enlarged TB, 964 Cams, SSI, Dansk Sport 2-in-1-out, SW Custom Chip, Turbo Tie Rods, Bump Steer Kit, H4s, Vintage Seats RS Replicas, RS Door Cards--and some other stuff
Old 08-23-2011, 04:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
catback , exhaust , speedart