Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Phil (guest)

Hi Wayne, I've taken apart the door handle on my 99 boxster. The key would just spin in the door lock and not lock or unlock the door. What is the broken or worn part that would need to be replaced? It doesn't appear that anything is cracked or broken; is the cylinder just worn out and not able to spin the cam that locks the electronic lock?

What are the fix options?

Thanks,

Phil

Old 04-10-2012, 12:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Author of "101 Projects"

The key attaches to the mechanism behind the door. Without seeing photos of your mechanism, I can't say what is broken. However, I have a set of bonus photos from this project available here: http://www.101projects.com/Boxster/Projects/078/page1.htm

Compare your handle and mechanism to the photos, and you should be able to figure out what is wrong...

- Wayne
101 Projects for Your MINI Cooper
Old 04-10-2012, 12:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

The problems with these laws and those who write them is the unintended consequences. They never consider them or simply fail to see them.
The more you try to protect the idiots from themselves, the dumber the idiots become, and the less they take responsibility for themselves.
residential locksmith Hollywood
Old 05-09-2012, 12:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

It's long time now to reply here but you needn't to take any stress with it if you have locksmith around. I was in the same problem last month and i have called 24 hr locksmith stockton near me to fix the issue. They also won't charged much for their service, locksmith is better option in such cases as compare to dealer.
Old 12-12-2017, 02:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: