Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
  We salute a legendary member of the community.
Thank you for selflessly sharing your wisdom with us...
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Certified Porsche addict

Garage
Cayman S sputters at low RPM.

This one has me a little stumped. For about a year my '07 Cayman S with 57,000 miles has exhibited sputtering and hesitation at low RPM. From idle to maybe 2500 RPM. Once you get rev'd up over that, it's fine. When you blip the throttle, there's hesitation also. But when you slowly and steadily increase the throttle it performs correctly. Getting the engine up to operating temp doesn't improve the condition. The only performance mods done to this car are the Dream 2 tips (cosmetic really) and K&N air filter. I've recently changed the plugs (old ones looked good) and cleaned the MAF sensor (wasn't really very dirty). No improvement. I'm getting a Durametric in a few days but some tips on what potentially could be wrong might help.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:14 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: