Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

odometer light out 986 / 2000

m My odometer light went out two days ago. Checked all fuses and there good Any one have any ideas?
Old 03-20-2015, 04:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Yes, the bulb is burnt out; time for a replacement.
Old 03-21-2015, 07:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

The Odometer digital display on my 2002 Boxster S shows the bottom half of the miles driven number (less the last digit) and the top half of the Trip Odometer numbers. In addition, upon startup, the oil level display does not show. Is this caused by a burnt out LED bulb? I have no OBDII fault codes showing. Any ideas, Thank you
Old 09-10-2019, 12:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by danmugnolo View Post
m My odometer light went out two days ago. Checked all fuses and there good Any one have any ideas?
Check out this guide if you're going to be replacing the bulb - you're going to have to pull the cluster. Let us know if you have any other questions.

https://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/Boxster_Tech/102-ELEC-Instrument_Cluster_Bulb_Replacement/102-ELEC-Instrument_Cluster_Bulb_Replacement.htm
Old 09-10-2019, 01:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by visintin View Post
The Odometer digital display on my 2002 Boxster S shows the bottom half of the miles driven number (less the last digit) and the top half of the Trip Odometer numbers. In addition, upon startup, the oil level display does not show. Is this caused by a burnt out LED bulb? I have no OBDII fault codes showing. Any ideas, Thank you
That could possibly be the case - would you be able to post a photo?
Old 09-10-2019, 01:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

2002 Boxster S Odometer Lignt Half Gone

First try at uploading image. If this did not work will try again

Old 09-11-2019, 09:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: