Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
ob1 (guest)

Hello,
Just went to go do the IMS retrofit on my 2000 Boxster with the parts I got from here, Pelican Parts. When I got to the old IMS, I noticed the center shaft is considerably bigger than the one I got from Pelican parts. Does anyone know if the one from LN Engineering has a larger diameter center shaft/center bolt? Or if not, are there any other makers whose centershaft is thicker/larger diameter? I have already ordered and received the parts from pelican parts but if there is already an LN Engineering or upgraded IMS in there, I would just rather leave it in there.

Big Thanks

ps - when I got to the ims, found out it was my rear main that was leaking and not the ims.

Old 04-13-2015, 02:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
PCA Certified D.I.

Garage
Talking

It sounds like there's an upgrade of some kind in there. If the flange is totally machined steel, I'd guess it's maybe an L & N. If it's a forging with machine work, it will have a Porsche PN stamped/forged on it.
Old 04-13-2015, 02:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Why not post a picture on a forum Jake Raby frequents and ask him? He answered a question similar the other day. (I think he might have a scan for his name mentioned in postings as he seems to pick those up quickly.)
Old 04-13-2015, 04:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ob1 (guest) View Post
Hello,
Just went to go do the IMS retrofit on my 2000 Boxster with the parts I got from here, Pelican Parts. When I got to the old IMS, I noticed the center shaft is considerably bigger than the one I got from Pelican parts. Does anyone know if the one from LN Engineering has a larger diameter center shaft/center bolt? Or if not, are there any other makers whose centershaft is thicker/larger diameter? I have already ordered and received the parts from pelican parts but if there is already an LN Engineering or upgraded IMS in there, I would just rather leave it in there.

Big Thanks

ps - when I got to the ims, found out it was my rear main that was leaking and not the ims.

Accrochez-vous bien de vos rÍves..........."
Old 04-13-2015, 06:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: