Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Spiro (guest)

Have never changed my AOS on 07 Cayman S. Spoke with Vertex about their modification that routes the dirty air to the other side of the throttle body, preventing the possibility of oil being ingested into intake manifold which happened to my friends Boxster S, which hydrolocked and broke the engine. What is your opinion of such an approach?

Old 05-08-2017, 12:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I don't have any experience with that modification. I opened a post in our forums. A Pelican community member may be able to answer your question.

- Nick
Old 05-08-2017, 12:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Seems they are not very well made. Life cycle is about 35K. At least on my 01 986 S. I am installing my third one. I will not wait for smoke again and will make it a routine replacement part at 30K. Sad Porsche could not make a better diaphragm.
Old 02-07-2018, 06:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: