Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
lineman

Garage
Angry tiptronic won't shift past 2nd

Hello enthusiasts, I have a 2000 boxster and just replaced the engine. Problem now is it wont shift out of second gear. The tip manual shift also only goes to second. The only code I get is 1128 and 1130 but the car has been sitting for 3 years. Is there some reset procedure I need to follow?Fluid level is fine topped it off with engine in gear and running. I appreciate any ideas as my book is missing and cant check any pins on the computer. By the way tranny worked fine before the swap.
Thanks guys
Old 06-27-2017, 03:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
lineman

Garage
Thanks for that. I looked for any lines i may have missed and all seems goo . I reconnected all the electronic connections in the trunk and took it out to test this time drving faster than2nd gear would allow and shifted hard and went to limp mode. Now i have 3 codes, 717,722,732. No signal. Turbine speed sensor seems to work as engine strts and won't when i disconnect, cam sensor ohm check is 13.5 ohms not sure on the incorrect 2nd gear code. Without a book can't check pins at computer for continuity
May have to tow to shop, thanks again.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

All three codes are internal to the Tip, mostly communications. Did you swap DME's when you did the engine swap?
Old 06-28-2017, 12:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
lineman

Garage
No i did not only the engine, is that something i need to do? Or something that a shop can easily fix?
Old 06-28-2017, 02:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
lineman

Garage
Today I dropped the trans. Pan and pulled the solenoids and soaked them in seafoam for cleaning as maybe they are getting stuck. Filled with fluid and same problem. Looks like the shop for this old car. Thanks for the tips guys.
Old 06-30-2017, 02:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
lineman

Garage
This is a follow up to this problem. I found that the issues with this tranny were the two speed sensors in my the tranny if anyone is having shift issues i will have to recommend you change out the input and output sensors. It solved my problems. If the issue is intermittent the sensors are going out so replace them both they are cheap just not easy to get to. Good luck
Old 12-28-2017, 08:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: