Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Question on Air Conditioning Condensor

Gearing up to do a complete A/C System overhaul.

Using http://www.porsche.com/all/media/pdf/originalparts/usa/986_USA_KATALOG.pdf

Few questions:
1) when I search on condenser, an go to page 336, this seems to be showing a single condenser with part # 996 573 111 00
but when I look physically on the car, there seems to be both left and right condensers. Am I missing something here??

2) Do both condensers have the same part # and why doesnt the diagram show both??

3) And on page 330, which shows the A/C unit 996 573 901 02, I assume this unit contains the evaporator which can be swapped separately??
Old 07-13-2017, 09:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

There is a left and a right. I'd suggest using the actual Porsche parts system catalog over at Sunset Porsche website.
Old 07-14-2017, 05:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
http://www.******************.com/auto-parts/2001/porsche/boxster/roadster-s-trim/3-2l-h6-gas-engine/hvac-cat/condenser-compressor-and-lines-scat

even this diagram shows only one condenser in the loop

****** is sunsetporschesparts seems forum has it blocked for some reason

Last edited by pelsteve1; 07-14-2017 at 05:49 AM..
Old 07-14-2017, 05:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Year and model of the car?
Old 07-14-2017, 06:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I come up with (from Sunset's parts catalog) part number 99757391101 which is symmetrical (fits both sides) for a 2001 S.
Old 07-14-2017, 06:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
01 Boxster S, yea, thats what I ordered (2 of them), but surprised the diagram is not showing both of them, and not reflecting qty 2 anywhere... basically same info as in my parts diagram source also...
Old 07-14-2017, 06:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelsteve1 View Post
01 Boxster S, yea, thats what I ordered (2 of them), but surprised the diagram is not showing both of them, and not reflecting qty 2 anywhere... basically same info as in my parts diagram source also...
Simple: You don't always need two.
Old 07-14-2017, 07:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Here is just an update on my A/C overhaul. I ended up swapping out the following, mainly because I suspect the compressor was performing subpar, but not seized and scrounged some inexpensive parts. I replaced with aftermarket compressor, expansion valve, dryer and two condensers, charged with oil (PAG 46), some dye and about 80 oz of 143a. It was about 90-95F (just guessing, vegas) and my pressures were exactly 40 psi, 200 psi. Getting 59F with fan, LO setting. I also cleaned the radiators (3 of them) with some coil cleaner which worked FANTASTIC (highly recommend). Engine is operated about 3-5 degrees cooler according to the dash dial. I also swapped out the high side shrader valve. I have posted previously as to what this core is. The one I used had a purple seal and was larger in size. Previously, the live swap valve core tool I had did not have a slot that was big enough to accommodate it, but since we opened up the system, I used a hand tool which was wide enough. Unfortunately, I only swapped out one as the cheap chinese kit only came with one of them. Ordered another and may modify the live tool head with a wider slot to do a live swap on the low side, but thats for another day. My 2 cents...good luck

Last edited by pelsteve1; 09-20-2017 at 05:16 PM..
Old 09-05-2017, 11:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: