Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Boxster conv. top issue

I have a 2005 Boxster Base 2.7. When I release the latch for the top the windows come down to opening position but when I engage the top switch to lower the roof all I here is the motor start to work, the top moves about 1/2 inch and everything stops. I can get the top to close again. Any advice on where to look or next step would be a great help. I am a mechanic and do all my own work but this is a little out of my comfort zone.

Thanks
Old 08-31-2017, 12:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Have you put the rear of the top in service position(unhook cables back/sides and rain gutter) to access the engine bay(from topside)? This would allow you access to view the transmission and cables for the convertible top. When the top stops, does the motor as well?
regards
Old 08-31-2017, 12:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxer27 View Post
I have a 2005 Boxster Base 2.7. When I release the latch for the top the windows come down to opening position but when I engage the top switch to lower the roof all I here is the motor start to work, the top moves about 1/2 inch and everything stops. I can get the top to close again. Any advice on where to look or next step would be a great help. I am a mechanic and do all my own work but this is a little out of my comfort zone.

Thanks
In addition to the useful information that the above member mentioned, I'm attaching a like to our site's DIY tech article on the 986 - I've linked the particular section where several articles about the top appear. Hope this helps you a bit and best of luck!

Porsche Boxster 986/987 (1997-2004) Technical Articles | Pelican Parts
Old 08-31-2017, 02:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: