Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Question on hesitation debug (both in and out of gear)

Just wanted to get some quick guidance on things to check for hesitation issue.
I get this while both parked and hitting the gas, as well as taking off in 1st (I have to compensate by increasing rpm before releasing clutch). No check engine light (but I have not specifically checked for codes). Spark plugs and fuel filter are new and not related to issue and old plugs were uniform and did not seem to show any unexpected deposit type. (Have had issue for awhile now). I do not have visible exhaust smoke either so was discounting air/oil separator but conceivable its minor issue there leading to anther secondary issue?

One other note..when I first back out of garage, I do hear an instance of detonation in the exhaust sometimes...seems to happen the very first thing, cold engine. Its possible it happens other times, but seems mainly when cold when I notice it.

I suspect vacuum issue, but just want to see if anyone has a good reference to debug or other suggestions. I dont have a smoke machine offhand, but might considering ordering one or making one.

It would be very helpful if someone had some suggestions on where to start and where would be a good place to tap into for a smoke test. Should i just remove the MAF and smoke from there? Anyone? been posted for a few days wih 70 views, but no suggestions yet.

Last edited by pelsteve1; 09-08-2017 at 09:30 PM..
Old 09-05-2017, 01:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: