Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Porsche Crest Rear trunk release cable

When manually opening the rear trunk of my 99 Boxster the cable broke right where it connects to the handle. I have the project book for the Boxster from Pelican but I cant find any mention anywhere of how to replace this cable. Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know how to approach and repair the fix for this cable? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-25-2017, 12:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I'm kinda envious, my 01 doesn't have any real release cables. Just wire cables with loops on the end.

The cable is like bicycle brake cable with a handle suaged to one end and a ferule suaged to the other. A shop that can do cable repairs like a custom motorcycle shop can probably help you. I could probably build you a new cable on the car, not too difficult. It only can get sketchy if you need to pull the cable housing out.
Old 10-25-2017, 04:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: