Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

ABS/PSM Warning Light Possible Fix

A while ago, the ABS/PSM lights on dash came on on my 2002 Boxster. The ABS/PSM lights consistently came on the first time the brakes are applied after starting the car.The Porsche dealer found Fault Code 4460 (pressure sensor). The dealer said that the sensor is part of the ABS pump unit. The pump unit would need to be replaced to turn the lights off. They estimated the cost to be about $4000. They also said that sometimes flushing the brake system reset the sensors and they did that but it had no effect.

Two weeks ago the brake lights stopped working. After browsing various forums on Pelican Parts I purchased an OEM Brake Switch for $29.50. I had the switch installed today for $58.00.

The brake lights are now working AND the ABS/PSM lights no longer come on when the brakes are first applied.
Old 10-25-2017, 12:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Welcome to Pelican forums. This is good info and helps support this DIY community. Almost everyone here would say avoid the dealer and find a good independent Porsche mechanic. References will abound here if you ask about one close to you. It helps to identify your town or, at least one close by to you, in your User ID space.
Remember Warren Hall. Contact me for your Warren 'Early S Man' Hall memorial decals.
Old 10-25-2017, 01:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Really glad to hear that a simple, inexpensive fix worked out. As Tony mentioned, welcome! The Pelican community is always here to help. If you're able to work on your car yourself, take a look at the link below to our site's DIY tech articles on the 986 platform. Please let us know if you have any questions!

Porsche Boxster 986/987 (1997-2004) Technical Articles | Pelican Parts
Old 10-25-2017, 01:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
abs/psm , brake light switch