Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Boxster door window problem.

My door window has stopped doing that auto dropping and raising slightly when I open or shut the door.
Which mechanism makes this happen and what is the most logical path to sort out the problem?

Any help is most gratefully appreciated. Thank you
Old 12-21-2017, 10:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Hello - take a look at the link below. It should help you troubleshoot the window regulator issue and resolve it if needing replacement. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post a Comment just below the article and one our our techs will get back to you with specifics. Hope this helps and best of luck!

Porsche Boxster Window Regulator Replacement / Window Switch Replacement / Window Motor Replacement - 986 / 987 (1997-08) - Pelican Parts Technical Article
Old 12-21-2017, 11:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitry at Pelican Parts View Post
Hello - take a look at the link below. It should help you troubleshoot the window regulator issue and resolve it if needing replacement. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post a Comment just below the article and one our our techs will get back to you with specifics. Hope this helps and best of luck!

Porsche Boxster Window Regulator Replacement / Window Switch Replacement / Window Motor Replacement - 986 / 987 (1997-08) - Pelican Parts Technical Article
Thank you Dmitry. I will be trying this after Christmas. Will let you know how i get on.
Old 12-24-2017, 07:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Glosboxster, The window drop function is controlled by 2 microswitches. If the window still functions using the buttons, odds are it is one of the microswitches. I would try reprogramming the window memory first (just in case). Lower the window while holding the button, once down keep holding for 5 seconds. Roll the window back up while holding the button, once up hold for a remaining 10 seconds. Odds are this won't work, but it is worth a shot.

There is one microswitch in the exterior door handle. Part # (per catalog) 996.613.125.00 (for left door), ...126.00 for right (#14 in the picture). The second microswitch is in the door lock mechanism and is not replaceable on it's own. You would need to replace the entire door lock (latch, not lock cylinder). The one in the door lock tells the window to stay down or go back up based on the door being open vs closed. If the window does not drop at all I would suspect the exterior door handle microswitch first.

Good luck!

Last edited by u2raven; 12-29-2017 at 04:33 AM..
Old 12-29-2017, 04:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: