Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

rumble noise from rear on hard turn

Turning left at almost full lock makes a rumbling noise from the left rear. It does not happen with a hard right turn. A little less than full lock the noise does not happen. Just had new rear tyres put on but I do not see how that could affect it.
Any ideas?
Old 12-28-2017, 05:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Check your wheel lugs for correct torque. If they’re tight, then investigate wheel bearings.
Old 12-29-2017, 04:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Check for rubbing on the inside fender wells, and the outside fender lips. Not all tires are created equal, and your new ones could be wider than the old ones.
Old 12-30-2017, 06:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Are the boots on your CV joints intact?
Old 12-30-2017, 07:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Mine was doing the same thing. I replaced the motor mount and it fixed it. Good videos on how to do it. I would highly suggest buying the bushing already pressed in the mount on pelican parts for like 160ish. Worth it.
Old 01-30-2018, 04:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbhale View Post
Mine was doing the same thing. I replaced the motor mount and it fixed it. Good videos on how to do it. I would highly suggest buying the bushing already pressed in the mount on pelican parts for like 160ish. Worth it.
I had mine pressed in . Saved almost $100.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

After putting the back end up on jack stands and running the motor in gear I did not hear any noise. Of course, no weight or side load on the wheels.
I rotated the axles by hand and did not feel any roughness. I moved the axles back and forth in the CV joints. Now it does not make the rumble noise on hard lefts and (according to my mate) does not vibrate over 65 MPH. Maybe an axle was stuck and not free to float?
The car has about 75k miles.
Old 09-01-2018, 08:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: