Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Coolant valve replacement triptronic

Need to replace a leaking Coolant Valve on my *987 Cayman S, two questions: Does the coolant system need drained prior to install? Any tips or tricks accessing the valve? The area is somewhat accessible from the top and bottom but is really tight. Trying not to reinvent the wheel if I don't have to... All help is appreciated! Thanks
Old 01-13-2018, 02:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

If it's anything like my 01 boxster, you'll probably have to put a jack under the trans (use a block of wood to protect the bottom of the case, undo/remove the tranny mounts and lower the transmission down for access. It is really tight--impossibly tight.

I just finished installing a replacement engine--basically you can't get to anything without lowering either it or the transmission for access. If you're working on one, it gets so you can almost do it in your sleep.
Old 02-05-2018, 11:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: