Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

2000 Boxster S

I am having electrical issues...once the ignition key is out and I open the door the warning buzzer sounds, if I don't disconnect the battery it will die. The fobs don't unlock the doors or the trunk.....hope someone can steer me in the right direction.
?
Old 01-22-2018, 05:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
If your saying that removing the key is not shutting down the electrical system I would start by replacing the ignition switch. It's a cheap part that can easily be done. Instructions in this forum. As for the lock/unlock function of your key fob, that others may be able to chime in on.
Old 01-23-2018, 06:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Vis View Post
I am having electrical issues...once the ignition key is out and I open the door the warning buzzer sounds, if I don't disconnect the battery it will die. The fobs don't unlock the doors or the trunk.....hope someone can steer me in the right direction.
?
The insides of the lock gets gummy and full of crud. Cleaning them out with electrical contact cleaner or brake cleaner should help. Spraying in gun lube will work well to keep things loose. My lock took a couple of weeks to free up.

As for the fob, you may need to put a new battery in it.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: