Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

986 Seat Covers

Hi
Anyone have any experience of fitting any of the upholstery kits for the seats ?

I'm looking for a recommendation from some one who has experience if fitting them as I find some " Custom" descriptions vague and not a lot of " As Fitted" images available

Any sources as to where I could buy the " Best Fitting " kit much appreciated - I am based in the Emerald Isle

Many Thanks

KT
Old 01-29-2018, 01:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Hello KT - other members will likely chime in with their experience; but I would suggest checking out the below link. CoverKing has a vast selection of covers that they make; all of which can be customized to fit your taste and needs. We also have a promo going on with them - 17% off until 2/7/18.

https://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/coverking/seat_cover_start.htm
Old 01-29-2018, 09:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Ever consider used seats from a wreck?

Wrecking yards and upholstery sources listed here.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Yes, I went from torn vinyl to nice condition genuine leather via ebay salvage. Had to move the seat heater elements, but it was worth it.
'01 Boxster
Old 01-29-2018, 01:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefocke View Post
Ever consider used seats from a wreck?

Wrecking yards and upholstery sources listed here.
I did, from a wrecking yard on Ebay. Nice Boxster base seats (vinyl) for my 01. From a place in New Mexico. $600 included shipping. I've very pleased with them.
Old 01-30-2018, 05:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Occasional User

If you are in Ireland, how about contacting Lakewell in Belgium. I know they do the older cars, perhaps they have a kit for 986? Pretty well liked on the air cooled forums. The other I had thought of is Rose Passion in France - they sell the upholstery fabrics for restoration - I wonder if they would know someone who sells the kits, or will do the work?
1972 911E Silver, Pepita & Black - sold
Old 01-30-2018, 06:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Thanks for the replies
Appreciate the advice
Regards
KT
Old 01-31-2018, 06:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Sorry I didn't notice you were in Ireland. Maybe you can find German vehicle wrecking yards in Ireland or the UK.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
I just bought a set of new seat covers off ebay, they were advertised as custom from 'seatcover' Brand: Seat Covers Unlimited, Material: 4016TM
Color: Leatherette Manufacturer Part Number: Clearance-AZ-Leatherette-1136

Unfortunately, the fit was absolutely terrible, loose, extra holes, missing holes...material quality was fine..but fitment was really really bad..
they ended up just giving them to me. Clearly they knew it was a bad fit.. just fyi... 'Custom' can mean anything apparently..

Last edited by pelsteve1; 02-22-2018 at 07:55 PM..
Old 02-22-2018, 07:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: