Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
frankle951

2000 boxster s 6spd

Hey guys, Iím going to remove my 6 spd transmission, Iím having the same issue, that most boxster s, is having, second gear pop out, itís not the linkage issue, I bought the boxster s, knowing it has this issue, really got a great deal on it, so now itís time to drop it out, I order a trans from eBay, that has a busted bell housing, but it only has 35k on it, and I order a used bell housing, my ideal is to switch everything over to the used bell housing, Iím a 39 year mechanic and own over 17 Porsche, so this isnít my first rodeo, after I receive the eBay trans, Iím going to remove the rear housing and do a check on bearings, gears, etc and if Iím luck and everything looks good, I will switch everything over to the eBay bell housing, I will post some pictures and if anybody can chime in with some great ideals, it would greatly appreciate, never had a booster s trans apart before, just a clutch and ims, the price they charge to rebuild or buying a used trans, is crazy, so I will give it a try, Thanks guys.

Last edited by frankle951; 02-08-2018 at 08:05 AM..
Old 02-07-2018, 02:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
frankle951

Here is a link to two guys, that jump into taking apart a boxster s trans. https://www.dropbox.com/s/0yie0ew0cb774fe/2002BoxsterSTransmissionRebuildDecember2011Revisio n3.pdf?dl=0
Old 02-11-2018, 11:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
frankle951

Well, pickup the trans from UPS, yesterday, had two extra guys to help carry the trans out my suburban today, setup my work table, wasn't planning on taking it apart today, but it was snowing outside, plus my friend wanted to see me take it apart. Here some pictures.

Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
frankle951

I was very impressed, on how clean the gears and synchronizer was, the inside of the trans look like it had 100 miles on it, the inside magnet was very clean, and so was the oil, thumbs up to Quality Porsche Parts in Albuquerque, NM, BIG ebay store on used Porsche parts.

Old Yesterday, 05:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: