Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Body shop recommendation in San Diego

Got rear ended tonight.

Any body have a shop they would recommend?

Thanks, Dean
Old 05-04-2018, 09:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Well I called Amato's and they only work on cars 2007 and newer.
Never heard of such a thing but they referred me to Chapparone Auto Body on Balboa.
Anyone heard of them?
Dean
Old 05-07-2018, 08:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Chapparone is a chain. I have had good luck at the Balboa store but thatís not a 5 star recommendation. Other locations, maybe not. Okay for the minivan.
I like SE Collision off 5 near Old Town.
If the damage is extensive, there is a place off Miramar Road that only works on exotics. Their lot is full of Porscheís, Lambos, and those red ones that start with an F. I used them once.... they thought pretty highly of themselves and had the car forever but did a really good job. Damned if I can remember their name just now. I will do some research and get back to you if I find it.
Old 05-04-2019, 09:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Sorry, can’t find the name of the place but I remember they were recommended by Pioneer Porsche as the place they take their cars to for body and paint work. Call them if you are interested.
Sorry about the damage. Always a drag especially when it’s the other guys fault.
Old 05-04-2019, 10:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by drophead987 View Post
Sorry, canít find the name of the place but I remember they were recommended by Pioneer Porsche as the place they take their cars to for body and paint work. Call them if you are interested.
Sorry about the damage. Always a drag especially when itís the other guys fault.
Luxury Auto i think.
i bought one of those red things off ebay they did some work on.
Old 05-21-2019, 10:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Found some paperwork. I was referring to West Coast Specialties.
Old 06-01-2019, 11:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Go to this website and plug in your zip code: https://www.porschecollisioncenter.com/

My suggestion is to always go to Porsche certified shop. Number of reasons but several of them are:
A) most structural body parts are restricted, meaning Porsche will sell them only to a certified facility.
B) if the job is sub par, you can contact Porsche direct and get them involved. Believe me, this is the last thing any certified shop will want to deal with.
Old 06-02-2019, 07:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: