Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Fender flares or body kits ??

I have tried looking for any body kits for the Boxster, seems to be a noticeable lack of stuff out there.

I would love to find a kit that basically adds the 930 Turbo wide look to a Boxster. Just give it that more "hippy" look that the Turbo look gave to early 911's I realize any kit has to deal with the fact that the bumper covers form part of the wheel well arch on both front and rear.

Personally, I think this would look good on this car, just curious what other think ???

Alan.............
Old 05-25-2018, 06:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Did you search wide body Cayman?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-25-2018, 07:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I think it might look good if done perfectly, but anything short of that would look like absolutely garbage and turn your Porsche into a Honda.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTBrandon View Post
I think it might look good if done perfectly, but anything short of that would look like absolutely garbage and turn your Porsche into a Honda.
You're wrong! It would turn it into aRicer Honda! Get one of those big nasty, loud muffflers, too.

Old 05-25-2018, 08:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Al View Post
I have tried looking for any body kits for the Boxster, seems to be a noticeable lack of stuff out there.

I would love to find a kit that basically adds the 930 Turbo wide look to a Boxster. Just give it that more "hippy" look that the Turbo look gave to early 911's I realize any kit has to deal with the fact that the bumper covers form part of the wheel well arch on both front and rear.

Personally, I think this would look good on this car, just curious what other think ???

Alan.............
Seen two redone this way, both looked like absolute crap and the modification killed ANY resale value.
Old 05-25-2018, 08:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
No did not look for wide body Caymen, but will look here in a bit.

just for the record, i am not talking about the "bolt on look" or anything like that.

[IMG]https://files3.porsche.com/filestore/image/multimedia/none/rd-2014-porscheclassic-models-911g-911g2-7-teaser/normal/4abd6854-7c87-11e4-bbba-001a64c55f5c;s45/porsche-normal.jpg[/IMG

just talking about a "sort of" subtle diff that doesn't look like an after thought.

Alan.............
Old 05-25-2018, 04:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage

This was supposed to be in the last post.

Alan..........
Old 05-25-2018, 04:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
JFP in PA

The two kits your referring too. Did you mean they looked like the ricer look or what ??

As far as resale value, not too concerned. Its a Gen 1 Boxster so even at its best, its not worth near as much as my 87 Carrera if in the same condition. Honestly I wasnt a fan of Boxsters until this one dropped in my lap. I have to admit that i have had an almost 180 degree change in how I feel about them. My org intention was to strip it, sell the parts to help pay for my 911 restoration. Needless to say, I have been converted LOL

At this point, I am fixing it the way i want it and i am not worried about resale value. I am leaning very heavily to putting one of Flat 6's engines into it which will be twice the value of the car in the best case scenario. If not, then it "might" get one of the Renegade conversions and throw an LS3 in it. Either way, both of those will cost more than the car will ever be worth. And for the record, there is NO WAY I would do the LS3 conversion to the 911 before anyone wants to try and crucify me. It will be a pure Porsche when its done.

Alan...................
Old 05-25-2018, 04:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

I was kinda snarky, I apologize. Lots of us think that the form of the Boxster is distinctive and and fairly perfect. I don't have money for a Carerra, so my 01 got a non Porsche color when I had it repainted. I replaced much of the blue interior with black, replaced the worn out top with an 03 with glass top.

It's your car, and as I told a friend, it's a glorified new Beetle. Mine's a base, so it's even pretty basic and sane.

Do whatever you want. Worst that can happen is you'll waste your money--but heck, money aint everything.
Old 05-25-2018, 05:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian in Tucson View Post
You're wrong! It would turn it into aRicer Honda! Get one of those big nasty, loud muffflers, too.

Hey now, are you referring to my chopped off muffler Itís been compared to that type of rice unfortunately, which I can see at low RPM but all doubt of whether itís a Honda goes out the window above 4k rpm
Old 05-25-2018, 05:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: