Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Oil pressure warning light - Cayman 2006

Hi everyone,

RE: engine oil warning light on instrument cluster does not lit

I own a 2006 Cayman, Australian delivery, and have not seen an engine oil pressure warning light come up at any time.

The only oil warning fitted to this vehicle is the oil level in the instrument cluster.

I had consulted the original owners manual and this particular oil pressure warning light is not even listed as part of the instrument panel diagram.

Is it something that I should look further or the Cayman don't have a warning light at all?

many thanks

Sergio
Old 06-08-2018, 12:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Hello and welcome to the forum Sergio - from what I've read in another forum, it seems that there is no dedicated light for this, but a message will appear on the screen if in fact the oil pressure is too low - this particular individual had an '08 S model.
Old 06-08-2018, 12:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Hi Dmitry,

Many thanks for your reply! That make sense now, and will take your word for it.

Thank you again.

Sergio
Old 06-08-2018, 08:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
The dash is the biggest disappointment in my '08 Cayman. No oil pressure gauge. No oil temp gauge. The temp gauge is fake. May as well read, low, medium and high. Volts, we don't need no stinking volts. I really like the car. Hate the dash.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Hi Jack,

I totally agree with you, not really sure what the engineers were thinking back then (costs perhaps?), to omit the oil temp and oil pressure was really BAD!
Old 06-17-2018, 02:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
johnsonj

Garage
Hi,

As mentioned in another reply, a message (in red) will be displayed if pressure is low.

*I received this low pressure message once after doing a few very short start and stop trips while the car was very hot from a long day of driving - I've read this can sometimes happen with the sensor.
81 928 Euro
07 Cayman S
Old 06-18-2018, 06:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Hi Johnson,

Many thanks for advising!

Serg.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serg_Australia View Post
Hi Jack,

I totally agree with you, not really sure what the engineers were thinking back then (costs perhaps?), to omit the oil temp and oil pressure was really BAD!
No clue what they were thinking but at least we have 2 speedometers to make up for the missing information..
Old 06-19-2018, 07:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: