Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Question Tradebit's Porsche 986 Service Manuals

I'd like to know if anyone has purchased [and used] the 1997-2001 Porsche Boxster Service Manuals that are selling on Tradebit..

Here's an example:

https://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/279977450-1997-2001-porsche-boxster-986-workshop-service-repair

Is it worth it?
Old 06-17-2018, 06:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Better than nothing, but they are woefully out of date as the originals have had more than 100 amendments and corrections since their release.
Old 06-17-2018, 01:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

For $17, it's nice and cheap. If I were fixing Porsches for a living, I'd want factory manuals with all the updates, but for us home wrenchers, downloaded copies of old manuals are pretty much sufficient.

I would point out that if you have previous mechanical experience, it's mostly worthless when working on Boxsters. Porsche has its own way of doing things, manuals are of some help, but certainly not totally sufficient. Experience and training go a long way. With that in mind, Dempsey's 101 Projects for you Porsche Boxster is a great deal and is kind of a Porsche for Dummies sort of book.

Don't ask me how I know. . .
Old 06-18-2018, 06:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Sorry, to get back so late,
Have the 101 and use it religiously.
Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2018, 07:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: