Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Regional Forums > California / SouthWest - US (AZ/NV)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Talking Looking for a 914 V8

I live in Southern California and am looking for a V8 914. The car can be in most any state of its build up or finished. I am a serious buyer not a tire kicker. Email me at
stdotjohn@cox.net
Thanks guys and gals!
Old 03-22-2005, 03:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I am still interested in a V8 914, finished, not finished
John stdotjohn@cox.net
Old 04-11-2005, 04:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Large Registered Member

Garage
I've been thinging of doing the same thing... If you've done the research, you obviously know about Rod Simpson (West L.A) and Renegade Hybrids. Looks like a cool project when done, however I think it's one of those situations where if you build it yourself, you would never get all the money out of it you invest! You are often better off buying someone else's project that they don't have room for anymore. I've seen some for sale in the $30k range, but It would have to be a 10 before I would shell out that kind of money for it. I understand the most expensive proposition of the conversion is the tranny. If you can keep the motor under 300hp, you can get away with using the stock 901 if you don't thrash it. The best is the 930 tranny good for 700 hp. Unfortunately though, they run around 10k if you can even find one. I understand the 915 is good for only around 400 hp. Don't know what they go for, but apparently, you have to flip the pinions to use it in this application?, which is next to impossible to do. Haven't been able to find out about using a G50, as that might be a good choice. I've driven an '88 Carrera with the G50, and it's far more user friendly than the 915 in my '85 Carrera. I've found a little RealPlayer clip from another site of one of these projects ripping around if you are interested. Let me know if you have any luck...
PB
'85 Carrera Coupe, Marble Grey #118 JP/R6
'93 Lexus SC400, '00 Ford F-150
'70 911T- 2.7 (SOLD)
Old 04-28-2005, 10:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: