Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Regional Forums > California / SouthWest - US (AZ/NV)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
devalued member

Location: Mumbai West, Silicon Valley Ca but headed to the foothills soon
Garage
Big huge BAP shout out

SHOUT OUT!!

a big huge thanks to the BAP boys that came by and assisted with my motor drop. cliffy (vash) & JP (JP911) are the mans! they drive a long way, show up at the time ciffy declares, bring tools & cover-alls ready to work.. i could not have done it w/o those two. big thanks guys.

of course there are many other thanks to be doled out. cbeers' orange juice bottle sampler platter was just what staylo and i needed after lunch. a big thanks to dan from RMG, syncroid here on the board. i am pretty sure he enjoyed watching us shade tree DIY'ers crawling around on the garge floor. and of course indiana holmes larry, not on the board but in the house. mcqueen enjoyed the day as well.

so got the tranny cleaned up and it will be headed to RMG for a freshin' and a guard lsd that will be mated to a new sachs power clutch. nothing on the motor except a valve adjust, major cleaning of it and its bay, replacing all the cloth covered vacuum and oil breather lines, and some more cleaning. doing all the "while its out" things too, breather gasket, oil pressure sender, and the like.

again big gratas to all who showed and as soon as guard gets the unit to Bob at RMG things will be going back together. i will start the butter up a few weeks in advance to get the boys' calanders clear. i am thinking july 21st, it a saturday i as i recall... .

BAP's rule, and for those who were not here there is a "going back in party" you might redeam at. no pictures from I, i know some were shot as i spied cbeers fixing his hair on more than one occasion, ala john edwards. maybe a few get posted here by the BAP records & archive dept. in the near near.

being greasy rules

T$

Last edited by car 311; 06-10-2007 at 04:10 PM..
Old 06-10-2007, 04:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Quote:
i spied cbeers fixing his hair on more than one occasion
Now I know you are full of it, my hair is so short right now there is nothing to do. Glad to have been there and point out the errors in your ways

Thanks back at you for the awesome hospitality and no, your apron does not make your ass look fat.

Since you will be catching rides in all the cool guys' cars at Sears on July 21, you'll have to come up with something else

My head still hurts a little from the liquid refreshers on the town Saturday but I had a blast.

See you in a few days. I'll post pics in a bit.

-Chris

Well on the fringe......
Old 06-10-2007, 05:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
UFLYICU

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to ZOA NOM
Sorry for the no-show, T$. I owe you for showing at several of my shin-digs. I'll do my best to show for the "back-in" party. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Glad it went off without too many hitches. I think Cliffy's becoming the BAP Master Mechanic. The guy is all in for sure.
Racer Rix Spec911 #5

prc-racing.com
Old 06-10-2007, 05:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to vash
it was so fun.

anybody remember that honda gasket glue syncroid was talking about? what is the eta for the install?
Old 06-10-2007, 05:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
devalued member

Garage
the gaurd unit is back ordered and is two to four weeks out so some time after that. i will continue to toothbrush it and clean and assemble what i can. i also have to fit the new bumper so i will be a gerbil on a wheel over the next few weekends.

maybe the week before or after you cats run sears on the 21st it goes back in. i will make a showing at that event for ride alongs.

we missed you rix, & le dAGgie big time.

chris it was good to have you back on murphy street. what about zoe? is she a blonda amazon or what?

thanks again..

T$
Old 06-10-2007, 06:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Sorry I missed it, sounds like fun, maybe I can crash the "going back in party". I won't be much help but can drink beer pretty well.
'72 T gone
Old 06-10-2007, 09:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
You're a great host T$. Breakfast, beers, coffee, car jacked up, oil drained, comfy carpet on the garage floor, etc, etc, etc. You're spoiling us. I'm read for the install party, jut say the word.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Another prime reason why I like this place sooooo much.

I wish I could join in the fun, but i doubt anybody be willing to pay for airfare

1982 SC -- US import it seems ... weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 06-11-2007, 04:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

I had a good time too. I took a bunch of pictures but don't have the camera here at work today. I'll upload some when I get home tonight.
2001 Toyota Tacoma 4dr. 4x4
1974 VW Thing (my back burner project)
Old 06-11-2007, 11:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

How come I wasn't invited?
Old 06-11-2007, 11:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
devalued member

Garage
WTF Mr. Mod? this has porsche, 911 specific content and it gets moved? and engine drop? what more tech content do you want?

some new moderator trying out his new toys? ive seen threads started by folks more in the "in crowd" much more off topic and they stay for freakin weeks. as an example currently, the "new" SCWDP logo comes to mind. not that that thread is "in crowd", but its much less technical than some ******* engine drop thread that mentions new clutch, LSD, and pelican members.

somebody needs to step back, you alone can not move 5 threads and get this place cleaned up.

thank you, rant over

T$

PS- paterno, you would have never shown anyway, maybe said you'd be coming, but in the end flake out.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
devalued member

Garage
Big motor drop thread

i dropped the engine in my 911 this weekend. got all greasy, will be installing a new clutch and an guard lsd in a few weeks when it goes back together! read all about it here in a thread recentlly moved to off-topic>>>

Big huge BAP shout out

lets see, what else can i add to keep it right in the tech section.....

do you use the blue or yellow latex gloves when working on your 911?

have you even gotten the tranny hung up on the heater box control cables when DROPPING YOUR MOTOR?

cool colar, yea or nea?

what type of oil are you using in your 911? dino or syn???

gear oil recommndations before i reinstall the motor in my 911 with its fresh tranny? its got a 915....

hope this is tech enough to remain in the apparent rare air that the tech section has recently become.

T$ (the "T" is for tech)
Old 06-11-2007, 03:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

devalued member

Garage
the its moved to the regional thread section....... hey look, is that a tumble weed?

why not just delete it?
Old 06-11-2007, 03:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Quote:
hey look, is that a tumble weed?
ROFL T$
As promised....pictures for the tumble weed section.

Old 06-11-2007, 04:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

More

Old 06-11-2007, 04:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
devalued member

Garage
hey! pictures now attached to thread moved to regional board!

thanks dan! i can link the thread to my pops who missed the drop because he was in montreal watching f-1. it will be like he was there now.

oh yeah, to keep this on topic, i just returned from the garage where i spent 1 1/2 hours removing engine bay sound pad adhesive. any better way than some brake cleaner and rubbing the finger like wax-on/wax-off?

more tech- i bumped the shat out of my head crawling into the engine bay to access said glue. i hit it on one of the mounting struts for the rear bumper, bled for 20 minutes. but more on the bumper later, dont want to get "off topic" in my engine drop thread....

T$..
Old 06-11-2007, 05:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Which tires are best for motor drops?
Old 06-11-2007, 06:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by k911sc
PS- paterno, you would have never shown anyway, maybe said you'd be coming, but in the end flake out.
This got moved because you are not nice. I happen to be in Tahoe on vacation with the family.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Say bye-bye to this thread too. You are not one of the cool kids. Now, if you mention SCWDP, it might stay on the tech board.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
UFLYICU

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to ZOA NOM
maybe some boobies will help...
Racer Rix Spec911 #5

prc-racing.com
Old 06-11-2007, 07:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: