Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Regional Forums > California / SouthWest - US (AZ/NV)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

2001.5 Imola Yellow S4 Avant Tiptronic - ABT Stage II

For sale is a 2001.5 S4 Avant, this is 1 of 80 Imola Yellow B5 S4 avants produced for the United States market with the 2.7L bi-turbo V6 engine.

The car was bone stock until 75k miles, when I installed stage II modifications over the course of a weekend. The first parts installed were a Blitz DTT turbo timer, modified red to match the rest of the interior, and a different range thermoswitch, to enable the factory turbo after-run system, in order keep the two K03 turbos cool.

Performance parts installed at 75k miles include:
-ABT Stage II Software Upgrade - this is the best mix of performance and reliability for California premium (91 octane) gasoline.
-Borla 3" Midpipe and Exhaust - this is one of the best-flowing exhausts for the B5 S4.
-ITG Foam Panel Filter
-Diverter Valves upgraded to Bosch 710N units, to handle the increased boost

Power with these modifications is 342hp and 384tq.

The car passed a California emissions test after these modifications were installed, it did so easily, well under the average values for B5 S4's (done at 75800 miles), the car runs perfectly, and has new factory catalytic converters, installed 7k miles ago by Stammler Audi.

I have several service records for the car from Stammler Audi, Service items since new include:
-Differential Oil Seal Replaced
-Both Turbo Return Line Seals Replaced
-Transmission Rear Output Seal Replaced
-Oxygen Sensors Replaced
-Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Replaced
-A/C system evacuated & recharged
-Front Brake Rotors Replaced (62k miles)
-Replace Turbo Bypass Valves (74k miles)
-Perform Brake Fluid Flush (74k miles)
-Replaced Both Catalytic Converters (74k miles)

The car was under an Extended Audi warranty until about a year ago, it has been fully serviced, and cared for, by Audi enthusiasts.

The car is fully loaded, it has OEM HID headlights, the premium Bose Stereo, Automatic Climate Control, Heated Seats, Power Sunroof and windows, etc.

The center display is perfect, ZERO dead pixel lines.

The car is also quite safe, it's a 2001 model, so it features driver and passenger airbags, driver and passenger seat-mounted airbags, and pillar-mounted SideGuard curtain airbags.

The Audi tech who helped me install the Stage II modifications confirmed the car had never been modified prior, the ECU had never been accessed, and the center console, where the wires were run for the turbo timer, had never been opened. I have the original factory L-box ECU computer, I purchased a replacement, rather than have the original one modified. This original computer is included, as are the 710B diverter valves, which were replaced by Stammler Audi at 74k miles, then changed out for 710N's at 75k miles during the stage II installation. I had the transmission computer changed to the sport mode programming, using a VAG-com device.

The car has a clearbra installed, this is the only exterior modification.

The car currently has 82k miles, I am asking $15500; I have the California title in hand. 949-637-1161 (John)

Some additional pictures here:
http://turbonsx.com/imolaavant/

Last edited by Scorp965; 02-22-2009 at 09:43 PM..
Old 02-22-2009, 08:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: