Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Regional Forums > California / SouthWest - US (AZ/NV)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

CA Carpool Question

Hi- I live in the Bay Area and I commute over the Bay Bridge (between Oakland and SF) for work. I drive casual carpool in my Toyota RAV4 - picking up 2 strangers at a set location and driving over the bridge in the carpool lane. The carpool rules state that you must have 3 people in the car, but 2 people are acceptable for a 2-seater car or truck cab.

My question: Can I get away with putting the rear seats down and saying my 911 is a two seater and commute with one other person in that? Or would I get a ticket, since there are seatbelts in the back?

thanks,
laine
Old 09-15-2011, 09:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Groucho Marxist

Garage
yes, you would get a ticket, and they are much more pricey than you think

trucks have three across seating in most cases, surprised they let that slide

Kinky Friedman
Old 09-16-2011, 07:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to R390 Send a message via MSN to R390
Quote:
Originally Posted by laine View Post
Hi- I live in the Bay Area and I commute over the Bay Bridge (between Oakland and SF) for work. I drive casual carpool in my Toyota RAV4 - picking up 2 strangers at a set location and driving over the bridge in the carpool lane. The carpool rules state that you must have 3 people in the car, but 2 people are acceptable for a 2-seater car or truck cab.

My question: Can I get away with putting the rear seats down and saying my 911 is a two seater and commute with one other person in that? Or would I get a ticket, since there are seatbelts in the back?

thanks,
laine
3 people means 3 people unless you want to get 2 dogs and dress them up as people might work .
Old 10-08-2011, 04:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: