Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Media blasting (Fuchs) in Calgary or Vancouver

Hi there, Iím looking to get a set of Fuchs blasted to an RSR finish. Can anyone recommend a shop in Vancouver or preferably Calgary?

Thanks

Old 12-19-2019, 12:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
It'll be legen-waitforit

I canít remember the name of it, but it was a do it yourself shop in Calgary. If you donít mind doing it yourself.
Gone: 79 911SC, 83 944, 05 Cayenne Turbo
Old 12-20-2019, 08:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Hmmm, interesting. I am a DIY kind of guy but I don’t know if I’d trust myself with such a task. I’ve never dabbled with blasting before.
Old 12-21-2019, 06:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Lots of snow Porsche away

Garage
I did mine last year, the blasting is not too difficult. Messy but not too technically challenging. I just used a bucket type blaster, gravity feed. A pressure fed would be even better, but you can make do with a cheapy pretty easily.

If you want to give it a shot without investment, I could loan you the equipment to do it.
79 XS750 because one is just not enough
Old 12-23-2019, 09:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordner View Post
I did mine last year, the blasting is not too difficult. Messy but not too technically challenging. I just used a bucket type blaster, gravity feed. A pressure fed would be even better, but you can make do with a cheapy pretty easily.

If you want to give it a shot without investment, I could loan you the equipment to do it.
Wow, thanks for the offer, thatís very generous. Iíve been in contact with Chris at ďSuper clean soda blastingĒ in Salmon Arm. Heís suggesting vapor blasting, a combination of ultra fine glass beads and vapor. He sent me a few pictures, the results look amazing. Iím heading to the Okanagan mid-January. If ever that falls through, Iíll let you know.

Alex

Old 12-24-2019, 07:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Lots of snow Porsche away

Garage
vapour blasting is definitely a fantastic finish. Hope to see pics when they are done!

Last edited by gordner; 12-30-2019 at 02:40 PM..
Old 12-26-2019, 12:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordner View Post
Pour blasting is definitely a fantastic finish. Hope to see pics when they are done!
Absolutely, Iíll post them here first!

Alex
Old 12-26-2019, 09:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex599 View Post
Absolutely, Iíll post them here first!

Alex
Did you end up getting them done Alex? I did mine DIY - cheapo blaster from PRincess Auto using glass beads and they came out fine for me, so I bet the vapour blasting would be next level in perfect.

Old Today, 07:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: