Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Coming to Whistler Weekend next week?

UPDATE:: FINAL ITINERARY located at http://pca.jeffgrant.com/index.php?module=calendar&calendar[view]=event&id=21

If so, please consider joining a bunch of us that are planning a "Back Door To Whistler" trip on Friday, August 26th.

The trip involves leaving Vancouver, heading East on Hwy #1, up to Lillooet, and then over to Pemberton and into Whistler. It's about 5 hours, give or take.

We'll be leaving from the Tim Hortons that is a block North of the Sumas exit on Highway #1 at 10am.

We are also planning an earlier "closer to Vancouver" meeting place around 9am or so, before we hook up at the Tim Hortons. (Probably the McDonalds at Willingdon and the Hwy #1, but that's not confirmed... stay tuned for the final decision).

In preparation for the trip next week, Al Jenkins, his son, and I did a "recon" trip today to see how the road is, look for photo opp and lunch spots, etc.

The pics are at http://porsche.jeffgrant.com/recon/index.html

I'm also going to post some of the better pics here.

Please feel free to join us in the trip, and if you're interested (even if not confirmed/committed), please let me know by replying to this post.

By the way, even though the Whistler Weekend is an official PCA event, this tour is not, so there is no requirement to be a PCA member. Also, Bob Benson, the organizer of this year's Whistler Weekend, thinks this trip is a great idea, and is personally encouraging people to attend.

The only person required to sign a waiver will be Drago.

Thanks, and I hope to see you all there!

...jeff

EDIT: Point of clarification... you DO NOT have to be a PCA member to attend the Whistler Weekend, as you become an official guest when you register. So, non-PCA members, feel free to come and enjoy the weekend.

Last edited by jeffgrant; 08-24-2005 at 10:33 AM..
Old 08-20-2005, 07:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Last edited by jeffgrant; 08-20-2005 at 07:34 PM..
Old 08-20-2005, 07:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Old 08-20-2005, 07:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Old 08-20-2005, 07:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Last edited by jeffgrant; 08-20-2005 at 07:35 PM..
Old 08-20-2005, 07:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Information Junky

That -is- the way to drive to Whistler.

The "short way" is often a parking-lot for miles.

(fun pict's btw . .. esp the intimidating 1HP)

edit. . thought I was on the main board. - - -HELP--- I'm lost

Last edited by island911; 08-20-2005 at 08:26 PM..
Old 08-20-2005, 08:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Thanks.

Yeah, that horse was a surprise... there were about 5 of them on the road, hidden by a crest in the road, and the only real warning we got was a bunch of bikes coming the other way signalling to slow down... probably the last thing I expected was a horse.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

back door

This sounds great. I'll be there.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffgrant
Thanks.

Yeah, that horse was a surprise... there were about 5 of them on the road, hidden by a crest in the road, and the only real warning we got was a bunch of bikes coming the other way signalling to slow down... probably the last thing I expected was a horse.
LOL... From deers to horses...what do we have left? Bears? LOL

I'll be ther bud! although I'm not sure where that exit is...

Past: 1998 M3 Cab GP White, 1995 993 Cab G Red
Old 08-22-2005, 08:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

There was a reason I had Al lead the way... aside from the fact that I wanted a nice Red 911 in most of my pics...

I'll be posting more detailed info on the meeting place tomorrow or so, after I get some "Google Mapping" stuff done.

Basically, if you head East on HWY#1, past Abbotsford, you come to the turn-off that says "Sumas Border Crossing", and that's it.

Glad to hear you're coming along.

...jeff

Last edited by jeffgrant; 08-22-2005 at 09:15 AM..
Old 08-22-2005, 08:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Excellent... got a couple more people who are going to join us. Looks like we might have some fun.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Final itinerary now posted in our event calendar:

http://pca.jeffgrant.com/index.php?module=calendar&calendar[view]=event&id=21

...jeff
Old 08-24-2005, 08:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

remember - be aware of rocks on the road - west of Lilooet!!
Old 08-24-2005, 09:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

for sure... and we also did a trial run last weekend.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
I'll try and make it for Friday afternoon in the 911 VW Bus. Wish I could stay the weekend but i made plans for Sat before I knew the date....
Old 08-24-2005, 09:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Very cool! Looking forward to seeing the "beast". Glad you could join us.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Excellent itinerary Jeff. See you at McDonalds at 9.00am.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Also, quick note, Sue's going to find a little better "back way" to get to HWY 1 heading North, so we don't ahve to deal with the highway going East. Minor adjustment, but should be fun.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: