Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Retired Member

Garage
CanAm Update as of May 27, 2008 - revised participants. Please confirm if you will have a partner,spouse, passanger for head count re dinner reservation, etc.

Event dates are June 6, 7 and 8

We have changed the HQ location to Castlegar - Gunter twisted my arm. Our HQ hotel will be the Super 8 Motel – Castlegar.

Please contact the hotel direct for reservations at 1-888-828-5331. We have a block of room under “Porsche Club Block” at a discounted rate starting at $109.99. Please note that this block is only reserved to May 12. For hotel details - http://www.super8castlegar.com/

From what I have been able to pull together, we have the following attendees. Please confirm if you will have someone joining you. I need this for dinner reservations.

Charlie and Debbie, Surrey, 911 SC
Al and Ev, Maple Ridge, 911 Carrera
Hans, Maple Ridge, 993
Paul, Vancouver, Cayman
Guy, Vancouver, 993
Phil, Sorrento, 964 or 996
Ross and Vanessa, Seattle, 911 SC
Jorian, Surrey, 911 Carrera
Gunter, Winlaw, 911 SS 3.2
Bob, Calgary, 911 SC
Rob, Shuswap Lake, 993 TT
Peter, Seattle, 951
Graham, Seattle, 911 Carrera
Tim, Vancouver, 993
Rob, Vancouver, 993
Brent and Anne, Seattle, Boxter RS60
Duane, Kelowna, 996 C4S

Convoy info from Abbotsford on post #56.

Plan is to all meet at the hotel for a dinner reservation at 7:00 PM, Friday. Dinner will be at http://www.blackroostercastlegar.com/

Saturday is planned for a very casual day. Breakfast is included with the hotel room. We will have a driver meeting at 8:00 AM with a departure at 8:30 AM. Lunch will be a picnic lunch. We will stop about an hour before to pick up lunch goodies. Suggest you bring a soft sided cooler for goodies and drinks. Dinner will be a casual BBQ and beer hosted by Mickey and Nettie (Al’s brother). The meal will be by donation. We will end the evening with a couple boxes of beer back at the hotel – may need to get one of you to host this in your room.

Old post.......

This is a Non-PCA event.

The 8th annual CanAm Tour will be held in the West Kootenays for 2008. Our American friends will be joining us north of the border headquartered in Castlegar, BC.

The CanAm Tour is focused on three days of driving, socializing and having a blast together. Once bitten by the CanAm bug, you will always want to attend.

Everyone will arrive in Castlegar, BC for Friday, June 6th. That night we will get together to socialize and have a great meal. Saturday will be touring some of the best roads in BC. As a special treat, we will have a casual BBQ dinner (by donation) being hosted by a great local family we met last year……details to follow. Sunday morning we will get together for breakfast, wish each other safe journey and say our goodbyes as everyone scatters back home.

Please join us on this fun and exciting tour.

More details will be posted closer to the date.

Please reply to this thread if interested. I'm trying to get a head count for hotel and restaurant details.

Thanks and look forward to seeing you on the tour.

Last edited by Charlie V; 05-27-2008 at 08:29 PM..
Old 02-10-2008, 09:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I'm in.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rossland!! Sweet

Can't pass up on this one, count me in.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Where the heck is Rossland ...................... point it out on the map and I'm in.

Susan
Old 02-11-2008, 09:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Retired Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanrsa View Post
Where the heck is Rossland ...................... point it out on the map and I'm in.

Susan
Ummm...

Get a map of BC and run your finger along the Canada/US border. When you are right of Osoyoos, slow down. Grand Forks is on the left and Trail is on the right of Rossland.

Hell, turn on your GPS and we can follow. Just joking.....

Glad you are joining us. This is going to be a fun trip.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanrsa View Post

Susan

Google Maps is your friend: http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=rossland,+bc&ie=UTF8&ll= 49.696062,-120.750732&spn=7.000997,14.293213&z=7&iwloc=addr&o m=0
Old 02-12-2008, 09:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

aka 'vageen'

Garage
I'm interested but there is a track event here on the Sunday that I need to be back for.
Yoosta have: 90 C4 Targa, 87 944, 73 911 ChumpCar endurance racer - featured in May-June & July-Aug 2016 Classic Porsche
Old 02-15-2008, 06:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Retired Member

Garage
Please join us for Friday and Saturday. If needed, you can always head home part way thro the Saturday tour. Please send me an email at cvanditmars AT telus DOT net for more details.
Old 02-15-2008, 04:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

This tour will offer some of the best, if not THE best roads and scenery in all of BC!

We expect to see ALL of our US friends up here

Oh yeah, the highlight: beer and barbie at my brothers place
83SC Slate Grey - Sold
Old 02-15-2008, 07:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered Cruiser

Thanks for organizing Charlie. I'm in.

I have never really completely understood anything.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Somatic Negative Optimist

Garage
Cool

Rossland:
The best kept secret for Downhill- and Nordic skiing; Nancy Green Lake and Blueberry Paulson Cross-country skiing is nearby; miles and miles of track provided by our Castlegar Nordic Ski Club.
For your Porsche-mania, there is the curvy "Hill-climb" from Trail to Rossland; an unofficial event were you can let it hang out: With a Radar detector and a keen eye out for the RCMP!
Love that hill!
Has to be done to be believed!

Sigh! Long wait till Spring but a few weeks of Hawaii always helps.
Just returned from doing dives with Hanauma Honu:

Abstract Darwin Ipso Facto: "Life is evolutionary random and has no meaning as evidenced by 7 Billion paranoid talking monkeys with super-inflated egos and matching vanity worshipping illusionary Gods and Saviors ".
Old 02-20-2008, 10:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Retired Member

Garage
Gunter, if you are agreeable, it would be great for you to lead us on some of the best sections. Also, need your recommendation on where to pull over for rest stops and pictures.

I will email the planned route.

Enjoy Hawaii!!
Old 02-20-2008, 04:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

It'll be legen-waitforit

I'm in if I can get approval from the boss, as well as check autocross schedules.
Gone: 79 911SC, 83 944, 05 Cayenne Turbo
Old 02-27-2008, 07:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Retired Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthn View Post
I'm in if I can get approval from the boss, as well as check autocross schedules.
Better yet....bring the boss.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Canadian Member

Garage
In
I'll come down and join you guys. Probably bring along some others too.

Susan!!!
Welcome, long time no see/hear from.
Did some drives with Dr.John last fall, he said he knew you too.

See you guyz there, thanks for organizing Charlie.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
Charlie:
Knowing the area, I guess the plan is to go from Rossland to Trail, on to Salmo, then over the Pass to Creston, North to Kootenay Bay, use the Ferry over to Balfour, North to Kaslo and over to New Denver and South thru the Slocan Valley back to Castlegar-Trail-Rossland.

If not, what is the plan?
Abstract Darwin Ipso Facto: "Life is evolutionary random and has no meaning as evidenced by 7 Billion paranoid talking monkeys with super-inflated egos and matching vanity worshipping illusionary Gods and Saviors ".
Old 02-28-2008, 06:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
It'll be legen-waitforit

Yeah Charlie that's a...plan.... but someone has to look after the tykes I'd bring them too, but I do want to enjoy myself.
Gone: 79 911SC, 83 944, 05 Cayenne Turbo
Old 02-28-2008, 08:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Retired Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunter View Post
Charlie:
Knowing the area, I guess the plan is to go from Rossland to Trail, on to Salmo, then over the Pass to Creston, North to Kootenay Bay, use the Ferry over to Balfour, North to Kaslo and over to New Denver and South thru the Slocan Valley back to Castlegar-Trail-Rossland.

If not, what is the plan?
Gunter, you are 100% correct.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Canadian Member

Garage
is that your final answer?

you are correct.

Oh, goody, can't wait!!!!
Old 02-28-2008, 10:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Garage
Cool

That drive would be a full day's work meaning: No extended Lunch in some greasy pub.
I suggest bringing a small cooler with Sandwiches and we'll eat on the Ferry if that's acceptable.

Should someone have a Grease-withdrawal-fit, a stale cheese-burger and some cold fries from the "Grease-Aid-Kit" can be provided and warmed up on the engine.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: