Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
  We salute a legendary member of the community.
Thank you for selflessly sharing your wisdom with us...
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > Regional Forums > Canada

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Calgary Kart Racing Club - New Track

Ok I'll start a new thread on this topic with what I have from their overview. Initial kart and road course scheme. This is to be located approximately 3 km north of the town of Irricana and 3.4 km south west of Bieseker. The complete property is +/- 80 acres of agricultural land, which has been reclaimed from use as a gravel pit and is currently used for a hay crop and grazing.

Proposing to build a multidisciplinary facility starting with a Kart track and paddock on approximately 20 acres of the land. Subsequently, we then would develop a car track and skid pads. There is a sketch showing the proposed layout. To ensure that the facility remains financially viable we will stage the development of the tracks and skid pads over time, but if another group works with us on this project it will allow the facilities to be built sooner rather than later. We have strong interest from the Calgary Sports Car Club (CSCC) regarding the car tracks.

]

There is an overview of the project and discussion on track designs at the link below. Looks interesting!

http://www.ckrc.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=110&sid=8b2da371e71516dc123a5 ae7df05fd0f://
Old 03-27-2009, 11:40 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Nice if it happens, is financing in place for the cart track? I know CSCC can't do anything until their property in the NE finishs going thru an expropriation process. And even then I think the club rules required a large majority before they could commit funds to a project like this. Still it would certainly be a better thing for the club if they had a facility that didn't rely on someone else to maintain and make available.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:23 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Old 03-28-2009, 08:23 AM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: