Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange260z View Post
You guys are nuckin' futs!

I put my babies away last weekend... can't risk having to drive them to storage on salty roads!

See ya'll next spring.

Happily dreaming about Porsches,

AG
Nuts? I'm normally still riding my motorcycle until the snow flies! This year though, I wussed out and parked the toys before the permanent snow arrived.

Breakfast would be nice, especially if we got a good sized group so we could at least b.s. about our cars while the snow falls.

Old 11-28-2011, 12:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

I did not knew this was happening.
I'll drop by next year.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Math View Post
I did not knew this was happening.
I'll drop by next year.
Please do!
Old 12-02-2011, 07:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)
Supreme Galactic Cmdr.

Garage
Merry Christmas Y'all,

Might have to modify my stable entries. Daughter went off roading (unintentionally) with the old BMW this am on the way to work. Probably added too much power at the intersection of Eagleson and Timm, started fishtailing and lost it. No injuries, but the car jumped the curb, wrecking two tires, at least one alloy wheel and cracked the oil pan so badly the car could not be driven home. When I got there she was out of the car, and the car was well into the experimental farm.
First time the car has been off-roaded in its 30 year life... I hope it's not the end for the old girl. 8*(
Old 12-18-2011, 10:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
83 911 Production Cab #10

Garage
Most unfortunately. Glad to she that she was not injured in the mishap.

Of course it probably would not have happened if she could have use the 4x4 that is sitting in the garage

83 911 Production Cab #10, Slightly Modified: Unslanted, 3.2, PMO EFI, TECgt, CE 911 CAM Sync / Pulley / Wires, SSI, Dansk Sport 2/2, 17" Euromeister, CKO GT3 Seats, Going SOK Super Charger
Old 12-19-2011, 04:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)
Alps Adventurer

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Traveller
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ 911SC View Post
Of course it probably would not have happened if she could have use the 4x4 that is sitting in the garage
Tires...its all about the tires....and driving accordingly.

1995 Carrera 2 - Speed Yellow - Alps Touring
Old 12-19-2011, 06:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Supreme Galactic Cmdr.

Garage
Thanks guys.

I looked at the skid marks and there was absolutely no evidence of braking on her part...just the classic slight swing to the right, then a big swing to the left...and impact.

Looks like the first step to recovery is a $90 tow bill to my favorite hoist, then some inspection. I can see an inch long by 1/8 wide crack in the alu oil pan already, just in front of the drain plug...
Old 12-19-2011, 11:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Pre_C8 View Post
Thanks guys.

I looked at the skid marks and there was absolutely no evidence of braking on her part...just the classic slight swing to the right, then a big swing to the left...and impact.

Looks like the first step to recovery is a $90 tow bill to my favorite hoist, then some inspection. I can see an inch long by 1/8 wide crack in the alu oil pan already, just in front of the drain plug...
I agree with JJ. Stick some Hakkapeliitta snows on the C4 and enjoy the season!
Old 12-19-2011, 04:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)
Supreme Galactic Cmdr.

Garage
LOL,

I think the C4 would have been totalled had she been driving it through the same situation...it's all about ground clearance when curb jumping...
Old 12-20-2011, 05:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
LOL,

I think the C4 would have been totalled had she been driving it through the same situation...it's all about ground clearance when curb jumping...
Then you could have bought a proper air-cooled 911 with the insurance money! See, every cloud has a silver lining!
Old 12-21-2011, 05:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)
Supreme Galactic Cmdr.

Garage
@Dave...You are a sick man...

Looks like about $700 bucks to get the Seven back on the road...

$90 towing
$250 for a used aluminum oil pan
$350 for labour

Should get her back today....looks like those big fat high profile 14" Michelins saved most of the undercarriage.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
... Looks like about $700 bucks to get the Seven back on the road...
So what is the damage to the daughter, $35 a week for 20 weeks?

With X-mas just around the corner, maybe you should... go for $20 a week for 35 weeks

J O Y E U X N O L et Bonne Anne

83 911 Production Cab #10, Slightly Modified: Unslanted, 3.2, PMO EFI, TECgt, CE 911 CAM Sync / Pulley / Wires, SSI, Dansk Sport 2/2, 17" Euromeister, CKO GT3 Seats, Going SOK Super Charger
Old 12-23-2011, 12:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)
Supreme Galactic Cmdr.

Garage
@JJ

I wuz thinkin' free washing and detailing for the 2012 season, whenever I decide it's needed...

Joyeux Nol vous!
Old 12-25-2011, 02:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)

Garage
Any interest in a mid-winter Benchracing & Coffee meet? I'm bored...
Old 01-10-2012, 07:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)
Supreme Galactic Cmdr.

Garage
I'm in ...new job is frying my cerebellum.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:

Welcome to the club

Old 01-11-2012, 02:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ 911SC View Post
Welcome to the club
Late breakfast on Sunday? Supposed to be a balmy -21C that morning so I won't suggest a b.s. session outside in the parking lot.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)
Supreme Galactic Cmdr.

Garage
I guess this didn't happen?? I saw -23 on my home thermometer...didn't even stick my nose outside

Old 01-15-2012, 06:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
I guess this didn't happen?? I saw -23 on my home thermometer...didn't even stick my nose outside

We had over forty people in attendance and JJ even showed up in the slantnose with his roof down! You should have come.

PSYCHE!!!

No one responded so nothing was planned. Maybe next week?
Old 01-15-2012, 06:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)
Supreme Galactic Cmdr.

Garage
The part about JJ I could believe...

Old 01-19-2012, 03:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: