Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Porsche Crest Ottawa Cars & Coffee

We need a Cars & Coffee meet in Ottawa. Toronto has one, why don't we?

Thinking: Central location, Sunday morning... not the usual musclecar-fest that the local cruise nights have become but something more for the European enthusiast.

Suggestions?

Old 07-14-2011, 03:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Car Addict

Garage
I'd be up for that as long as it's on my side of town (I'm in Nepean/Manotick)
Old 07-17-2011, 09:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Cool. I'm central/west myself (Riverside Drive)... but I'm still awaiting my fuel pump for the 911 so this weekend's out. Unless the crowd is big enough that no one will see me slip in on my Hayabusa.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
I was chatting with a friend and he suggested the Starbucks at the Trainyards off of Industrial as a possible location.

45.412114,-75.645783 - Google Maps

I think this would really work since it's somewhat central(ish) and boasts an abundance of parking. If we made it for 8:00am on Sundays, the lots would still be empty and would give the group a couple of hours to hang out and chat before the great unwashed descended on the area for their daily retail therapy.

There is a Tim Horton's nearby for those wishing to have a breakfast sandwich, plus a recent Pioneer gas station with 94 at the pump in the event that a post-coffee drive is planned.

Thoughts?
Old 09-04-2011, 08:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Had some interest over on Rennlist so we're giving it a shot.

Quote:
September 18th, 8:00am at the Trainyards Starbucks. I'll get the word out to the Viper and Ferrari clubs, someone have PCA contacts in Ottawa?

With a little luck, it won't be raining/hailing/snowing/apocalypsing that day...
Old 09-04-2011, 07:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Time changed to 9:00am.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Je suis une Canadien

Dang, 18 September is going to make it way too tight to make it from Alberta in 2 days.

Hope you guys keep it going for a few more weeks after that as it would be fun to meet up when I come back through on the 2nd of October.

jb

1980 911SC
Old 09-08-2011, 05:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
As long as it's not snowing, I think we'll still be out.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
83 911 Production Cab #10

Garage
If its snowing on the 2nd of October, so be it. It will separate the "Garage Queen" from the "King of the Road"...

exc911ence

From your previous post, I thing your car fall in the later version

ArticOne

I'll meet you at your Sis place around 08:30

83 911 Production Cab #10, Slightly Modified: Unslanted, 3.2, PMO EFI, TECgt, CE 911 CAM Sync / Pulley / Wires, SSI, Dansk Sport 2/2, 17" Euromeister, CKO GT3 Seats, Going SOK Super Charger
Old 09-09-2011, 04:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ 911SC View Post
If its snowing on the 2nd of October, so be it. It will separate the "Garage Queen" from the "King of the Road"...

exc911ence

From your previous post, I thing your car fall in the later version

ArticOne

I'll meet you at your Sis place around 08:30
It's King of the Repair Shop as of this morning!

PS: If it's snowing on October 2nd, I'll be hanging by a rope from the rafters in my garage, not out driving my 911.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Bump for tomorrow's Cars & Coffee.

Link to busier thread over at the "other" website: Ottawa Cars & Coffee - Rennlist Discussion Forums

Old 09-17-2011, 04:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
We couldn't have asked for a nicer morning, this morning! Blue skies, warm temps... the perfect fall day.

See you again next Sunday!
Old 09-25-2011, 08:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
We have a special guest arriving in Ottawa for the weekend, and he plans on joining us for our weekly Cars & Coffee. Let's show him a warm welcome by packing the parking lot with Porsches!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticOne View Post
Ottawa is Friday night through Sunday morning. Will be visiting with the sister on Friday night and touring O Town sites on Saturday. Hopefully Cars and Coffee is still a go on Sunday.
For those not familiar, here's a link to his travel blog: jsbulmercreations

Rain or shine!
Old 09-27-2011, 05:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
It was a chilly morning this morning, just 8 degrees with no sun relief. I didn't see any rain in town although JJ had to put his roof up for the 5th time (ever!) as he caught some drizzle in Stittsville. No snow however!

Good turn out, especially considering the weather:

And our guest of honour:

Great meeting our newcomers, and best of luck in Toronto next week John!
Old 10-02-2011, 09:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by exc911ence View Post
It was a chilly... I didn't see any rain in town although JJ had to put his roof up for the 5th time (ever!) as he caught some drizzle in Stittsville...
Quois? It was a monsoon

John

Best of luck with the rest of the trip back home.

While in TO try to see a professional hockey game. I heard that the AAA is a good show for the money

Should you run into bad weather, remember that calling in sick and stay put at the motel is a lot cheaper...

Bon Vogage mon ami.

83 911 Production Cab #10, Slightly Modified: Unslanted, 3.2, PMO EFI, TECgt, CE 911 CAM Sync / Pulley / Wires, SSI, Dansk Sport 2/2, 17" Euromeister, CKO GT3 Seats, Going SOK Super Charger
Old 10-02-2011, 05:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Je suis une Canadien

That was a lot of fun - thanks for the hospitality guys. Oooops, big sorry, thanks to you as well Simone.

Will add my accolades that the weather could have been worse - at least there was no snow, but perhaps there should have been to simply make a cold, wet + windy day all that much more complete.

The run to TO was uneventful. Started noticing a few more exotics on the 401 - several Aston Martins (including one running on his mini spare after a flat tire) and lots of audis and bmws - there was even a rolls royce out there. But no porsches.

Speeds were in the consistent 115 - 125 range til about Kingston. The presence of an undercover car helped to keep speeds down - he was having a good day too. After finishing up with 2 young lads he had another car pulled over about 5 km down the road.

After Kingston I did notice that the speeds jumped up a bit. 130 - 140 seemed to be the left lane whilst the right lane was in the 120 range. The little car stayed primarily in the left lane and enjoyed itself.

Its now being taken care of my the valets and I did record the milage upon arrival - will be interesting to see how many trips around the block it gets.

Again, thanks for a wonderful day. If you're blasting through the Hat at some point in the future definitely give me a shout.

jb

1980 911SC
Old 10-02-2011, 07:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
Bump for tomorrow morning's Cars & Coffee! The weather is going to be gorgeous so let's fill that parking lot!
Old 10-08-2011, 04:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by exc911ence View Post
Bump for tomorrow morning's Cars & Coffee! The weather is going to be gorgeous so let's fill that parking lot!
Oui... and I will bring my wheel blockers

Old 10-08-2011, 04:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Je suis une Canadien

Well, I am just a tad choked. Weather is going to be good THIS weekend? What about the crap we had last weekend?

Hope you guys have a great time and get an awesome turn out.

Weather and colours here on the western side of the province are outstanding. Have never experienced the fall colors before - spectacular.

jb

1980 911SC
Old 10-08-2011, 04:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticOne View Post
Well, I am just a tad choked. Weather is going to be good THIS weekend? What about the crap we had last weekend?

Hope you guys have a great time and get an awesome turn out.

Weather and colours here on the western side of the province are outstanding. Have never experienced the fall colors before - spectacular.

jb
Hey JB

We would have drove in the snow just too met you

Is James Bond (just notice tha you guy share the same initials) looking forward to be back home?

Old 10-08-2011, 05:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: