Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
911 and the track

How many of you guys take your 911 to the track or do some auto cross
I noticed there's a few events coming up via the porsche club ucr here in toronto and they include some lapping at mosport etc
I'm thinking of getting involved any thoughts or advice

Old 04-05-2014, 01:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Do it!! It's good fun and really improves your understanding of your car
Old 04-05-2014, 06:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Old 04-06-2014, 05:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Man if I had Mosport as a venue I'd drop everything to do some laps. As a young buck I attended so many great races there. I remember it being such a beautiful site with great contours. I agree with Wacko, even if you have no interest in going any further than this, the input from instructors can really improve your knowledge of the dynamics of your car. Sounds like a gas!
Old 04-06-2014, 06:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

+1! We're damn lucky to have such an amazing track less than an hour away from the GTA. I started with autocross, but after a couple years got bit by the track bug. You'll need to do an Introductory Driving School (IDS) if you've never been on track with PCA - a great place to learn the basics. It's actually a good program, even if you just intend to do autocross for starters.

As for your car, track and autocross can be pretty hard on things, especially consumables like tires and brakes, but all depends how hard you push.

Old 04-06-2014, 08:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: