Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > Regional Forums > Canada

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Uncertifiable!!!
 
Uwon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,108
Garage
Porsche Driver with Bad Ettiquete

Well, you know of the gas pump lineups yesterday as a result of the fast rising prices.
I'm at the Petrocan in Gravenhurst. Cottage country for the Toronto folks. Cars all over the place. A black 997.2 is by the pump. I'm next but bacause I'm in the RST my gas filler is on the opposite side. I have my blinker indicating that I want to turn into the 997 spot at the pump. Out comes the 997 owner from the kiosk looking and fiddling with his cel phone, looks around (and directly at me) stops by his car and continues to search something on his phone, then gets into his car, continues the search while his wifie stares at me. I finally give him two very short beeps, he looks ahead and saunters off. No "oops" wave, nothing.
I'm OK that 94 went up to 1.41 in the meantime. But that 997 driver.....GRRRR
Had to rant!
Happy Labor Day Weekend everyone.
Johan
__________________
Living well is life's best revenge- George Herbert (1593-1633)
2006 C2S, A4 Quattro, Evolution of a Carrera RST.
Old 09-03-2017, 04:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Jim Paps
 
mr 911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 101
yeah, not surprised...modern day Porsche driver for the modern day Porsche's...
Old 09-05-2017, 08:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,386
Garage
He's probably just a Porsh owner, not a Porsche owner like us.
__________________
Cheers, Chris
1975 Carrera / 965 tribute w/ 1989 3.3 turbo 8.5:1, K27 7200, 964 cams, euro CIS, TEC1 dual plug, rarlyL8 headers & outlaw pipe. 915/68 trans, kevlar clutch and lightweight pressure plate.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
83 911 Production Cab #10
 
JJ 911SC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 10,229
Garage
I might know the guy.

Was is plate H2O PUMP ?
__________________
Who Will Live... Will See

83 911 Production Cab #10, Slightly Modified: Slanted, 3.2, PMO EFI, TECgt, CE 911 CAM Sync / Pulley / Wires, SSI, Dansk Sport 2/2, 17" Euromeister, CKO GT3 Seats, Going SOK Super Charger
Old 09-05-2017, 04:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Toronto
Posts: 965
Garage
I don't think it is fair to paint every modern Porsche car owner as an "ahole"

In my brief Porsche ownership time I have come across several classes of Porsche dickheads, including;

Concours A**holes - O my god you have modified your car?
356 A**holes - the world came to an end after the 356 - what is that - a 911?
Long hood A**holes - are those impact bumpers?!

And my favorite, at a PCA event, with my Cayman S, I pointed out to a PCA guy that Cayman was spelled with a "Y", (they had the show category as Caman) This dickhead was offended I corrected him. PCA UCR must own the record for the most anal retentive dweebs of any group I have met.

Plenty of great Pcar guys out there that smile and wave when they see a cool Porsche - which in turn brings a smile to my face - and plenty of A**holes, too.
__________________
Vince
1989 911 Silver Coupe - sold
2009 Cayman S White, Full Cocoa Leather - sold
1972 911E Silver, Pepita & Black - sold
Old 09-05-2017, 04:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
billybek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 5,167
Garage
People on vacation are often oblivious to what is going on around them.

In cottage country, my guess he is a tourist or renter of one of the properties and not aware due to being in unfamiliar territory.
__________________
Bill K.
"I started out with nothin and I still got most of it left...."
83 911 SC Guards Red
And a bunch of parts I haven't installed yet.
Old 09-05-2017, 07:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
 
Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]
Uncertifiable!!!
 
Uwon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,108
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook&Dunning View Post
I don't think it is fair to paint every modern Porsche car owner as an "ahole"

In my brief Porsche ownership time I have come across several classes of Porsche dickheads, including;

Concours A**holes - O my god you have modified your car?
356 A**holes - the world came to an end after the 356 - what is that - a 911?
Long hood A**holes - are those impact bumpers?!

And my favorite, at a PCA event, with my Cayman S, I pointed out to a PCA guy that Cayman was spelled with a "Y", (they had the show category as Caman) This dickhead was offended I corrected him. PCA UCR must own the record for the most anal retentive dweebs of any group I have met.

Plenty of great Pcar guys out there that smile and wave when they see a cool Porsche - which in turn brings a smile to my face - and plenty of A**holes, too.
LOL
So true!
Experienced that attitude at the 2010 Porsche Parade. Never been back.........
Cheers,
Johan
__________________
Living well is life's best revenge- George Herbert (1593-1633)
2006 C2S, A4 Quattro, Evolution of a Carrera RST.
Old 09-06-2017, 03:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Puny Bird
 
Mark Henry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Port Hope (near Toronto) On, Canada
Posts: 3,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook&Dunning View Post
I don't think it is fair to paint every modern Porsche car owner as an "ahole"

In my brief Porsche ownership time I have come across several classes of Porsche dickheads, including;

Concours A**holes - O my god you have modified your car?
356 A**holes - the world came to an end after the 356 - what is that - a 911?
Long hood A**holes - are those impact bumpers?!

And my favorite, at a PCA event, with my Cayman S, I pointed out to a PCA guy that Cayman was spelled with a "Y", (they had the show category as Caman) This dickhead was offended I corrected him. PCA UCR must own the record for the most anal retentive dweebs of any group I have met.

Plenty of great Pcar guys out there that smile and wave when they see a cool Porsche - which in turn brings a smile to my face - and plenty of A**holes, too.
I own a 914, talk about a dickhead magnet. "It's not a real Porsche"...I went to a VW show "it's not a real VW"...

Best one was at a full serve Shell station in Bowmanville near Mosport, young girl (early 20's) filling my car and a GT3 on the other side. She was telling me how much loved my Porsche and that all 911's looked like ugly squashed bugs. I saw the other owner and he was pissed, done before me he squealed out of the station. She looked at me and gave an evil smile, she knew exactly what she was doing.
__________________
'74 Porsche 914, 3.0/6
'67 Bug, 2600cc T4
'67 Bus, 2.0 T1
Not putting miles on your car is like not having sex with your girlfriend, so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Toronto
Posts: 225
Garage
Just saw this thread, made me smile. I will have to share a story. Went to, a few years ago, UCR PCA Concours, in my patina outlaw / hot rod, first person pointed me to gate. The gate attendant took one look at my car and said “you don’t want to show that!, see that Toyota way in the back, go down there, turn right into the non Porsche parking area” No hello, no explanation, only pretty cars allowed. I was not offended just amused. I like them all, but some don’t.
__________________
Outlaw .... by definition ..... does not follow rules well
www.FloydDesign.ca

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV5aIALWlG8
Old 10-05-2017, 05:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered User
 
911T70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 284
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Elder View Post
Just saw this thread, made me smile. I will have to share a story. Went to, a few years ago, UCR PCA Concours, in my patina outlaw / hot rod, first person pointed me to gate. The gate attendant took one look at my car and said “you don’t want to show that!, see that Toyota way in the back, go down there, turn right into the non Porsche parking area” No hello, no explanation, only pretty cars allowed. I was not offended just amused. I like them all, but some don’t.
Ha ha - thanks for the chuckle this morning, Tom! I like all of them also (SUVs - not so much), but I love yours!
__________________
Michel
1970 911T
Old 10-06-2017, 04:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Formerly known as Syzygy
 
Canada Kev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 3,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Henry View Post
I own a 914, talk about a dickhead magnet. "It's not a real Porsche"...I went to a VW show "it's not a real VW"...

Best one was at a full serve Shell station in Bowmanville near Mosport, young girl (early 20's) filling my car and a GT3 on the other side. She was telling me how much loved my Porsche and that all 911's looked like ugly squashed bugs. I saw the other owner and he was pissed, done before me he squealed out of the station. She looked at me and gave an evil smile, she knew exactly what she was doing.
Awesome! Gotta find me a woman like that.
__________________
Kevin

1987 ROW coupe, Marine blue, with a couple extra goodies.

The cars we love the best are the ones with human traits, warts and all.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Registered User
 
exc911ence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 2,192
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada Kev View Post
Awesome! Gotta find me a woman like that.
Apparently she's in Bowmanville... go get her!
__________________
Dave
Old 11-04-2017, 08:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:46 AM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2016 Pelican Parts - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.