Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > Regional Forums > Canada

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Source for JP Group parts in Canada?

Hello all,

I'm looking for a good (ie, cheap ) source for JP Group parts in Canada. Lots of good prices in the US but no reason why the shouldn't be available in Canada for the same or less?

Thanks, Jon
Old 02-27-2018, 07:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Check with Concept1 in Calgary.
They show some parts on the website, but I'm sure they carry additional parts.

Concept-1
Old 02-27-2018, 07:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

The best way to have some JP Group parts in canada is with Kurt from www.dr911.ca. You can email him at sales@dr911.ca. I bought SSI heat exchangers and a gt3 sport muffler for less thant 3000$ CAD. Free shipping anywhere in north america. If you send him a email tell him it's Tommy from Rimouski who sends you.
Old 02-27-2018, 09:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by elt0m View Post
The best way to have some JP Group parts in canada is with Kurt from www.dr911.ca. You can email him at sales@dr911.ca. I bought SSI heat exchangers and a gt3 sport muffler for less thant 3000$ CAD. Free shipping anywhere in north america. If you send him a email tell him it's Tommy from Rimouski who sends you.
That's great, thanks! His website says he's the official distributor so that seems like who I need to talk to!

Cheers, Jon
Old 02-28-2018, 04:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Puny Bird

Which parts from JP group?
Restoration Design has sheet metal and exhaust in Canada.
Not putting miles on your car is like not having sex with your girlfriend, so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend.
Old 02-28-2018, 06:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Henry View Post
Which parts from JP group?
Restoration Design has sheet metal and exhaust in Canada.
Suspension, at this point..... and also SSI heater boxes.

I see Dr. 911 is selling QSC cylinders and pistons as "made in Canada"?

Is that stretching reality a bit? Alternate facts? I find that sort of nonsense off-putting.
Old 03-09-2018, 11:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Puny Bird

QSC are made in China. They are iron lined biral cylinders that will give a poor service life. I know these engines are expensive, but with the value of 911's now it's worth spending the money and doing it right.
If you have core cylinders I can help you get them plated, shoot me a PM if interested.
Not putting miles on your car is like not having sex with your girlfriend, so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend.
Old 03-09-2018, 01:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elt0m View Post
+1 found him on ebay of all places, best price i could find on SSIís and later he sold me the 2-in 1-out dansk muffler I needed, also at a great price and free shipping as Tommy says. Definitely recommend.
2015.5 Volvo XC60 (foul weather ride)
2003 Volvo XC70 (winter pig)
Old 03-09-2018, 09:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Henry View Post
QSC are made in China. They are iron lined biral cylinders that will give a poor service life. I know these engines are expensive, but with the value of 911's now it's worth spending the money and doing it right.
If you have core cylinders I can help you get them plated, shoot me a PM if interested.
I wasn't suggesting anyone use them (like you said, do it right!) - just pointing out the fact these are being portrayed as being "made in Canada" and my understanding is, well, they aren't. None of my business, really, not in the market for pistons and cylinders, just leaves a bad taste in my mouth and deters me from wanting to do any business with that vendor.

Perhaps it's unfair of me, and I should give him the benefit of the doubt?
Old 03-12-2018, 05:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Puny Bird

Yes I also find it odd, but likely the kid who made his website didn't know the difference.
Old 03-12-2018, 04:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: