Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
'79 OUTLAW

Garage
TORONTO CHAPTER - Anyone interested?!

Hey fellow 911'ers

Perhaps this exists already and I have yet to find it but I wondered if anyone local to Toronto and the GTA would be interested in getting together regularly and forming a bit of a community of 911 owners here in Toronto?

I am the new owner of a '79 SC and would love to meet fellow 6'ers to chat cars and parts, share some knowledge and plan some good rides out of the city and maybe some track days.

Comment here if you are interested and I would be very happy to start putting together a group and arranging events for us all here.

Let me know

cheers!
dK
Old 06-13-2018, 06:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Counterclockwise?

Garage
Lots going on already.
Go on the "other" forum that is far more active.
I have no idea what a 6'er is. lol
A bunch of stuff with spark plugs
Old 06-13-2018, 08:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
'79 OUTLAW

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911 Rod View Post
Go on the "other" forum that is far more active.
Ahhhh - I'm new to the community so which "other forum" is this?
"6ers" - I heard some kid say it once, not sure what it means either but sounds very hip! lol

Thanks Rod!
Old 06-13-2018, 08:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Counterclockwise?

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefaculty View Post
Ahhhh - I'm new to the community so which "other forum" is this?
"6ers" - I heard some kid say it once, not sure what it means either but sounds very hip! lol

Thanks Rod!
PM sent out of respect for our amazing host that is Pelican.
A bunch of stuff with spark plugs
Old 06-13-2018, 08:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Please share.
1988 Porsche 930 Targa - 3.4L Twin Plug Motor, DC 13 Cams, Supertec Head Studs, ARP Rod Bolts, Port and Polished Heads, Garretson Andial Intercooler, GSX 61 BB Stage 5Turbo, Tial F46 WG .8 Bar Spring, PowerHaus Headers, Rarly8 Dual Tip Muffler, MS3 Pro EFI conversion, 57lbs. Cobra Injectors, Center Force Stage 2 Clutch , Rebuilt 4 Speed with LSD.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Puny Bird

Problem is where to meet up, east of TO is too far for those in the west and west is too far for those in the east GTA. Not to mention traffic is often a bear. Mississauga is a no go for me, that's a 3 hour round trip with absolutely perfect traffic.
Not putting miles on your car is like not having sex with your girlfriend, so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

6er is in reference to the 416 area code.
Old 06-14-2018, 03:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

You could go visit my 914 hot rod being built at my friends house in brighton

Old 06-14-2018, 04:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Puny Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
You could go visit my 914 hot rod being built at my friends house in brighton

Wayner if you need any tips or inspiration I finished My 3.0 /6 conversion last year. I'm just down the road near Port Hope, about 12km north of the 401.

Well... you're never finished...lets just say road worthy.
Errr... it will be as soon as I get my cams back from WEB. At least they're on the way back.
Not putting miles on your car is like not having sex with your girlfriend, so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend.
Old 06-14-2018, 04:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Puny Bird

Back about 10-12 years ago I hosted a couple VW/Porsche car shows, if I had help and a small bit of coin was tossed in the kitty I might be willing to do it again.

The coin needed would be for a porta potty ($100. IIRC), promotion and event insurance. I guess I could charge a nominal entry fee to cover this.

But the big one is I'd need volunteers to do most of the organizing and promotion. It's a huge undertaking and I can't go it alone.
Not getting enough help in this is the reason I stopped doing a show, other than that they were fairly successful.

I have a poop load of room to do this as I'm on 23 acres, I can do at least 4-5 acres for show and parking. I'm close to Brimacombe ski hill, in the Ganaraska forest.
Old 06-14-2018, 05:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Uncertifiable!!!

Garage
I’d be happy just to get together with some like minded aircooled gear heads in the north end of TO. Some place where you can kick each other’s tires, share some knowledge, a few laughs......and grab a light meal.....
Johan
Old 06-15-2018, 06:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Johan and others, while not the 6 , 905 group mainly meets in Aurora, at Second Cup 15440 Bayview Dr if their meet up dates coincides with another Porsche related event they meet at that event. Check this link for dates https://pcaucr.org/forums/topic/porsche-group-905/page/8/

SOLHA, Southern Ontario Long Hood Association meets every Saturday morning at Starbucks / Vega Blvd & Dundas St. West (Goemans Plaza). I think the start time is 9:00 and I think all Porsches are welcome. If you would like to get on their e-mail list, send me your email and I will forward it to the organizer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV5aIALWlG8
Old 06-29-2018, 10:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: