In maintenance phase

Garage
Vehicle Name Toy
Year 1969
Make Porsche
Model 911T
Color Light Ivory
Packages Appearance package, comfort package, sunroof
History Bought in Oregon in 2005. Someone in the past put in a '70 2.2T engine with Webers a Bosch dist, and a conventional ignition system (non CDS). Ran like crap. Since I bought it I've been trying to finally get this thing properly tuned... or not.

In August 2010 I finally pulled it out of storage, started patching up leaks, rebuilt the carbs, found an urgent need for a new fuel pump and pressure regulator... Work was proceeding smoothly and I was eager to drive the car from Houston to DC... then I found an intermediate shaft with a large oval bearing hole, a pair of mechanical chain tensioners, a slack, untensonable chain, and a cracked oil pump drive shaft. The case has been declared "dead."

The car has been resurrected! Kirk, AKA bgylfr sold me a 2.2T longblock, it is installed, and even kind of tuned. It drives!
Exterior Painted the car to an original '69 Light Ivory. I have no idea what the original color was, and sadly the code plate is missing. The previous owner had painted it a rather ugly bright white . The Previous owner also blacked out the chrome, but I restored all of it. It looks like it could have back in 1969.

Interior Pretty sure the seats aren't original. They are one piece black seats that have an integrated headrest. They are pretty clearly a Porsche seat, I'm just not sure from what model. They are extremely comfortable! I can't believe that they made a seat that good that long ago.

I am seeking a set of shoulder belts on reels for safety. I also have a set of very late power SC seats in black leather. They won't be original, but they sure are comfortable. I'm even thinking of installing butt warmers!

(Take that purists!)

Performance Upgrades -MSD 6AL with 7K rev limiter
-MSD Blaster SS coil
-Magnecor wires
-Pertronix igintor
-Carrera tensioners
-Wayne's 930 oil restrictor mod
-PMO fuel pressure regulator
-Carter 110 GPH fuel pump
-Turbo tie rods

Engine / Under the Hood -1970 2.2T with 911E cams
-Weber 40 IDA 3C1 carbs
-Bosch 006 911E distributor, cleaned and relubricated

-Presently rebuilding a set of Zenith 40 TIN carbs to replace my Webers with worn and leaking shafts.

Suspension -Koni orange shocks and struts, OE
-Front through body sway bar, OE
-Rear- totally stock
-Front- turbo tie rods, new ball joints, adjustable drop links, otherwise stock
-Weltmeister non adjustable bump steer kit
-Lowered to just below Euro spec.

Wheels and Tires -OE 14" Fuchs.
-Grand Spirit H rated 195 60 R14
(from previous owner)

-The Fuchs need some love.