'66 Bastardization
300hp 1800lbs is the goal

Garage
Vehicle Name '66 Bastardization
Year 1966
Make Porsche
Model 912
Color Tremclad Real Orange GT3RS Color scheme
History Sat in warehouse for 2 years while PO did some work on it.

Looked in pretty decent condition when I purchased. Rust is much much worse then I thought.

Non-adjustable Strut towers were rusted out. Newer adjustable towers are being welded in, and tied into cage in trunk. --> DONE

Rockers had 1/4" of bondo giving the illusion that they existed. --> Driver & Passenger DONE

Bottom of Longitudinals are rusted out, will be patched/reinforced --> Driver & Passenger DONE

Rear package shelf full of holes, will be replaced with a piece of steel/reinforced --> DONE

Rear strut towers are quite small... Strut tower crossmember out of an SC will be welded in to allow use of coilovers --> DONE

Full cage tied into suspension points, with partial door bars, should help hold what's left of the car together --> Done

Steering column shortened to allow room for brake booster --> Done

Graft in Brake Booster sheetmetal and blend into what's left of old steering column tube recess --> Done

Welded in 911 motor mounts.

Sleeved rear fender support holes down to M12 size holes. I will probably use these as the primary mounts for the Subaru engine.
Exterior RSR FG front fenders. They are "period correct" flared, but look way too narrow at the front. I will widen the front flare to look more like a 930 flare.

11" Carbon/Kevlar quarter panels

FG RS front bumper. It will need to be widened to fit the RSR front fenders.

GT-Racing Aero Rockers

Carbon/Kevlar hood 5 layers
OEM style inner hood frame, with added Y reinforcement in middle to keep skin from flexing. I estimate the entire hood will weigh less then 11lbs. We'll see when it's finished.

0.090" Aluminum skid plate to protect gas tank.

Tremclad Real Orange colour for body/frame.

All suspension components/removable metal will be powdercoated with PBTP Mirror Orange. Accent pieces (grilles/mirrors/handles/window frames/wheels) will be powdercoated with PBTP Matte Black Tuscan (Flat black)

Black Carrera logos

Flat black Porsche hood emblem (OEM sandblasted, and powdercoated)

LWB rear tail light lenses (no housings)
LED Brake/turn/reverse clusters
LED Front turn/park lights (no housings)

Aluminum splash shields in rear wheel well to keep crud out of areas that rust out
Homemade CF Quarter panels (need some filler work)
Interior painted with Tremclad/glass beads

Interior Will have minimal interior

CF/Kevlar roof skin made off the original roof. I bonded it to the outer lip after I finished welding the crossbars on the rollcage.
4 Layers 8.9oz 12k PW CF
2 Layers 5oz 3k HS Kevlar

Glass beads mixed into Tremclad and sprayed with undercoat gun. Anywhere there was undercoat will get this treatment as a sound deadener/insulator, as well as entire interior floors to roof

Rear seat has had 6.5" speaker enclosures welded in, and the entire rear section will also get some thin black carpet (a little bit more sound deadening)

Removable front heater tube (An-16 radiator lines) covers with 5.25" speaker mounted behind it

Aluminum diamond plate floor mats powdercoated flat black

Original drivers wood floor board was showing its age. I repaired it with epoxy, and then did a carbon fiber overlay with 12k plain weave.

I didn't have a passenger side floor board, so I made one out of some scrap wood (subfloor?) and did a carbon overlay on it aswell.

12k Plain Weave Carbon Fiber door cards

Bimarco Futura FIA certified fiberglass fixed back seats

Custom waterjet cut adjustable 0.25" 6061 seat brackets

Ultra-Shield 5 point race harness'

Momo Trek R black steering wheel on Tekniq Snap-off quick release

GT-Racing FG F&R Flush mount Windshield frames.

Lexan rear windshield

Custom heater core/box in front trunk with 3" air ducts/hoses hidden behind aluminum diamond plate cover (will be powdercoated flat black)

Smuggler's box lid has been remade in aluminum diamond plate, and reversed (will be powdercoated flat black)

Racepak IQ3 Digital Dash mounted on Carbon fiber panel, covering original 4 gauge openings.

3 panel Wink Mirror mounted to windshield frame
AIM digital Race Dash, or similar
Ultra-Shield 5 point Harness'
Bimarco Futura FIA certified seats.

Performance Upgrades Everything.
Polished Carbon/Kevlar roof panel
S4 Brembo Calipers over Wilwoods on custom Hats
Textured paint interior

Engine / Under the Hood JDM Subaru WRX STi V7 2.0L EJ207. Stock it has ~280hp, but this should go up once I remove all the unused accessories, and use a free flowing exhaust.

Aluminum Rad cut down/rewelded to make 3 smaller aluminum radiators. 2 Mounted Carrera style in wheel wells, 1 center mounted. Ducting will channel all air from center cooler through side coolers. Bottom corners of nose have been cut off and angled to give room to channel air to side coolers (similar to 964)

Subaru 5 speed awd converted to 2wd with reverse Ring & Pinion... Lighter (93 lbs) then a 915, shorter then a G50 (no torsion tube cutting) and should hold as much, or more power then a G50

Only issue is the shift linkage. Porsche uses 6 o'clock, Subaru uses 10 o'clock position. I will use a raised bolt in linkage tunnel similar to a 935.
Subaru awd 5speed converted to 2wd
JDM Subaru WRX STi v5 EJ207 mock-up motor

Suspension Carrera front suspension.

SC rear suspension (torsion tube, aluminum banana arms, strut tower)

SC torsion tube grafted in and reinforced. Car is now Long Wheel Base.

SC rear strut tower welded in, and reinforced. Cage will ties into tower reinforcements.

Spring plate area of torsion tube is reinforced

Porsche 928 S4 4 Piston front brakes on Wilwood 12.19 x 1.25 drilled/slotted rotors with custom hats

Porsche 944 Turbo 4 Piston Front brakes mounted at Rear on 930 Turbo rotors with adjustable Wilwood proportioning valve to turn down the pressure.

SC Steering Rack

Turbo Tie Rod Ends

Adjustable through body 19mm front sway bar will be made from cold rolled bar stock. I have some adjustable (H&H?) sway bar arms/links.

SC 18mm Rear sway bar with custom sway bar mounts (Cost 4 nuts, and some scrap steel)

Rebel Racing Coilover sleeves on Bilstein struts with 9" 350 or 450lb/in Eibach springs

Front monoball deutsche camber plates

Custom 935 style spring plates:
935 style covers cut on waterjet.
7/16" teflon lined rod ends.
Non-adjustable spring plates have been used to make sprlng plate section.
Plug is made from the old spring plate bushing cover, welded to a steel plug that fits in the SWB torsion tube hole.
Outer cover will be anodized black, and all steel sections will be powdercoated black

Full cage tied into front/rear suspension points. 1.75 x 0.095 DOM Tubing

Chassis has gussets on A/B Pillars, and in middle of windscreen

Door bars have been done to allow easier access (street use) Hybrid skewed X-brace with additional triangulated door sill supports (semi Nascar style)

Removable triangulated strut brace, made with 0.875" x 0.120" DOM tubing and 3/8" rod ends

Cage will tie into strut tower brackets. Removable braces continue from the front down to the A-arm mounts. (same tubing/ends as strut brace)

Front A-arm points tied together with 1.25" square tubing spot welded to floor

Rebel Racing Front A-arm bushings
Rebel Racing Mono-ball rear banana arm bushings
0.090" Aluminum Skid Plate
Gt-Racing Aero Rockers

Wheels and Tires Cragar Aluminum Super Spoke wheels currently installed as roller (Came with Car)
15x7 245 rubber on front
15x9 295 rubber on rear

Will be replaced with flat black
17" Fikse FM10
17x9 Front (6 inner, 3 outer)
17x11 Rear (6.5 inner, 4.5 outer) with OEM 930 spacer

Boxster 17" donut spare. Gas tank will be modified to hold more fuel, add baffles, and fit the spare. Fill nozzle changed to in-trunk style (cage is blocking original fill position)
beefcake..BEEFCAKE!!! 2 6" inners
Boxster spare over S4 Brembo with Wilwoods
Playing around with 2 inner 6's.  12" wheel over Brembo/wilwoods (rears will be 6.5i+4.5o=11")