Rocket Surgeon

Garage
Vehicle Name Turbo S
Year 1989
Make Porsche
Model 944 Turbo
Color Velvet Red
Packages M030, M220,
History Sold new at Hendrick Porsche in Charlotte, the car was purchased from a used car lot by the previous owner in 1994. The then 16 year old held the car until this fall, when I bought it off of a Craigslist ad. The car is in very nice shape, although a little neglected. I absolutely love it.
Exterior Dings and scratches commensurate with its age. Sometime in the past the front nose was painted poorly, and the sunroof is from a Guards Red car (you can see it through a chip in the paint.) The original wheels are straight, although slightly curbed. No rust anywhere.

Interior Overall nice beyond the cracked dash. 10 Speaker stereo, sports seats, Linen in color. I love it--with the Velvet Red outside it's an awesome combination.

Performance Upgrades Autothority chips. A 3" exhaust is on its way. I'm shooting for around 300RWHP, and that's it. Nothing will break and the car will run forever.

Engine / Under the Hood The orginal 44/52 Turbo S engine, in excellent condition. The K26/8 spins perfectly, the car makes GREAT power and runs strong at any RPM. Dead motor mounts have it shuddering at idle, but those are on the list to replace come spring.

Suspension It's an M030 car, and it's going to be my daily driver with a track day here and there--no changes wanted or planned. I may go with the 968 caster blocks simply to restore the original handling and get rid of the aged rubber parts.

Wheels and Tires Fuzion ZRi tires in the stock 225/50 and 245/45/16 sizes. Original Club Sport wheels, due to be polished.