914 LE

Garage
Vehicle Name Creamsicle
Year 1974
Make Porsche
Model 914
Color White
Packages Can Am
History PO stored it for nearly 20 years after driving it a couple years as a teen. Car was painted entirely white - bumpers, bumper tops, targa top, wheels, rockers, etc. I rescued it in May 2010 after following a hunch it was an LE. After replacing the FI system, new fuel lines, oil change, etc I finally got it running and on the road April 2011. Will be a work in progress as I drive it.

9/13 update: Original engine lasted 1,000 miles after I got it running. Sourced a short block 2.0 of unknown condition. I lucked out as it is a nice strong running engine. Got it in the car and running and the next day drove it to MUSR 12 in Arkansas - a 1500 mile round trip.
Sourced tan interior pieces to replace the original items the PO had stained black. Replaced various items as needed such as battery, fuel pump, brake pads, etc
August 2012 rebuilt and upgraded the entire front suspension - added turbo tie rods and 21mm torsion bars along with new bushings, wheel bearings, and brake disks. Cleaned up and painted engine tin. Removed all the A/C bits and patched up the holes.
Driving every day and doing general maintenance and fighting oil leaks and exhaust leaks. Still have rust repair and some body panel replacement to do along with paint.
Oh... finally removed the rear wing!
Exterior PO sprayed everything white.

9/13 update: still pretty much the same. Plan to sand it down and spray it flat white til proper rust repair, body work, and paint can be done.
At a Cars & Coffee July 2013
Summer 2013

Interior Original tan interior dyed black. In process of putting tan back in.

9/13 update: tan interior in place. Have carpet kit waiting for after paint. May be a while.

Performance Upgrades PO "performance" addons - a horrendous rear wing and "turbo" stickers

9/13 update: finally removed the wing which left 8 or so gaping holes. Time to source another rear deck lid.
Dual 44s going on the Raby 2056.

Engine / Under the Hood stock 2.0 with D-jet
pictures show the rat's nest of mismatched FI components installed when I bought it

9/13 update: original 2.0 spun a bearing and case became unusable. Raby 2056 is in the works with dual 44s.
Been running a "used" 2.0 for the past couple years.
Quite an improvement.

Suspension current: worn out springs
Front & rear stock sway bars
future: 21mm torsion bars, 140# springs

9/13 update: 21mm bars and 140# springs installed. Still using old struts/shocks. All new bushings on front.
New front disks.
Front view looking at suspension.
140# springs on newly painted shocks.

Wheels and Tires Yokohama Envigor 205/60 on Mahle rims

9/13 update: tires are now worn are ready for new.