Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > Garage

Porsche 912

Location: Placerville, CA.... You know, the only place on Highway 50 between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe the you find signal lights. Above the fog most of the time and I can see the stars of the Milky Way 8 out of 10 nights. Kinda cool.....
Garage
Vehicle Name Porsche 912
Year 1968
Make Porsche
Model 912
Color "RED"; has been silver, and sand beige factory
Packages Standard
History Car was originally purchased in Oregon where it has a dealer sunroof installed I guess. However it looks rather factory with rolled edges and spot welds in critical areas. Came with a 5-speed and original Fuchs wheels. The second owner acquired the vehicle in 1976, painted it red and drove it for several years before parking it in a "Hay Barn" for an untold number of additional years. My father stumbled across the car and began negotiating for a selling price. After acquiring the car in 2008 and not knowing what direction to go including countless hours of me hounding him to sell it to me, he finally did. The 912 is still in his garage while I formulate a decent plan to begin the restore. Besides, I do not have a garage at my home. The car has minimal rust as a whole, but does have some problem areas that was common to the car, ie: front suspension pan, passenger front fender at the well.
Exterior Well as you can see the exterior is rough to say least. Factory color was sand beige, first owner had the car repainted silver and then the second owner had the car shot red. Obviously they failed to utilize proper prep technique since the paint is cracked and looks like the dessert floor.

The 912 also has a sun roof that looks like it was a factory job, however there are some lingering questions to confirm.

Interior Like the exterior, the interior need to be re-done 100%. It is all there but very rough.

Performance Upgrades The only up-grades was the addition of the Weber carbs.

Engine / Under the Hood A 1967 engine installed into a 1968 year 912. Webber carbs, an electric fuel pump and a hodge podge of misc unknown items.

Suspension It has factory suspension but does require the front suspension pan to be replaced. The trunk has only surface rust but by the photos you can see the nastiness of the pan.

Wheels and Tires Factory Fuch's