Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Garage

Garage
Vehicle Name
Year 1983
Make Porsche
Model 911SC
Color Red
History I purchased the car about five years ago from a fellow Pelican. The exterior was in rough shape with faded paint, etc. But mechanically the car seamed to be taken care of pretty well. The guy I bought the car from I believe was the 3rd Owner, but he only had the car for a short time. (He had planned to do an RS conversion and had too many other projects to tend to.) I have been slowly restoring and upgrading this car for the past five years. I purchased it with around 190,000 miles on it and it's up to 205,000 (and the engine has never been split!).
Exterior The exterior has been completely repainted in the original guards red color by a body shop I've used before. The targa top is a fully restored one from Cars Inc. The tea tray wing was added by one of the previous owners (and is an OEM wing with the Porsche crest). The fuchs wheels are 16x7/16x9 and were refinished by myself. All else is stock.

Interior The car originally had a tan interior. However, at some point one of the previous owners replaced the sports seats with regular black seats. The carpet was also replaced as well. The rest of the interior except the dash was dyed black (very poorly). I replaced all those dyed parts with tan panels and created a black/tan two scheme. I also replaced the white gauges it came with to the original black ones. Other than the added leather shift boot (similar to the ones on the 85-86 models) and an upgraded stereo system, all else is stock.

Engine / Under the Hood The engine is stock, has 205,000 miles on it, and has never been rebuilt. It does have a heat back date and Dansk pre-74 heat exchangers with a Monty 2 in/1 out muffler.

Suspension Torsion bars have been upgraded to 22mm front/ 29mm rear. Shocks are Bilstein Sports rebuilt by Smart Racing to their F/R 20 valving specs. Sway bars have been upgraded to the Carrera bars 22F/21R. Car has an alignment, corner balance, and is lowered to just below Euro ride height.

Wheels and Tires Wheels are 16x7F/16x9R with 205/55/16 and 245/45/16 tires.