Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > Garage

914 Porsche

Garage
Vehicle Name 914 Porsche
Year 1974
Make Porsche
Model 914 1.8
Color Corvette Flame Red (ticket Red)
History I purchased this car in San Diego 1998. It had been sitting under a car cover in my pastors garage for 5 years. He offered it to me for $750.00 so I bought it right away. My son and I drove it home even though the back brakes were dragging. In 12 months we removed the carbs and installed the L-Jet fuel injection, fixed all oil leaks, replaced the clutch and repainted the car bright red plus we rebuilt the brakes and did custom body work on the front fenders. (see pics) My wife and I cruise the car in good weather and she loves driving at night with the Targa top removed.
Exterior Flared rear fenders to fit new 5 lug rims and tires. Custom front fenders, I removed the turn signals and the round side marker lights . I relocated the turn signals to the front bumper behind the horn grills.

Interior Konig racing seats redone in clothe.

Performance Upgrades Upgraded front brakes to larger BMW calipers in 2008.

Engine / Under the Hood Stock L-Jet fuel injection 1.8 engine.

Suspension Added a stock front sway bar in 2007. Five lug conversion 2009.

Wheels and Tires Five lug 911 rims. Cup 1 ; 7X16 fronts and 9X16 rears. (see pic)