Shop by Brand
Shop by Category
Pelican Parts Forums
FransB85's Garage :: 1985 Porsche 944 2.5 NA LPG conversion 163ps
Manage My Garage
Browse by Username
Browse Recently Added
Browse Recently Modified
Mark Forums Read
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Utrecht, Netherlands
1985 Porsche 944 2.5 NA LPG conversion 163ps
1995 Volvo 850 T-5R wagon manual
View Public Profile
Find all posts by FransB85
944 2.5 NA LPG conversion 163ps
Graphite Metallic LB7V
Bought as hobby/fun thing, turned into kind of a daily driver. Work in progress/weekend restoration as time allows it (medical student, busy...).
- turbo rear valance
- 3rd brake light (left over part from my VW polo, ugly as hell)
- magnolia white leather power seats
- VDO cd9303ub-cv (vintage look, with bluetooth hands free/aux/USB), hand-held phone in traffic is $250 fine overe here
ditched spare tire!! (OK, didn't come with the car)
Car still tops an (optimistically) indicated 240km/h (149mph) on LPG without effort, more than enough to lose license/life/both. Also, ROW gets 13 horsepower more than US/Canada!
'Autobahn' cruising to girlfriend's family in Geneva (600 miles) in 7 hours twenty-something to me seems adequate performance, taking into account 150 miles of strict Swiss speed enforcement.
So no, I'm not really considering spending tons of money tuning and engine that can only be expected to gain a couple of (mosty psychological) horses, I really like it the way it is.
Engine / Under the Hood
- LPG conversion (fuel is >$9 per gallon over here, LPG is $3,50 per gallon) and I don't pay road tax for my '85 car!
- Magnecor HT leads
- dansk SS exhaust (back box)
front main seal/OP drive gear renewed
-cam tower gasket/noisy lifters renewed
- vacuum lines/ leaky brake booster replaced
Engine / Under the Hood Images
- rennbay solid bushing ball joints
- rubbers/bushings renewed/upgraded
- new gas-a-just shocks F&R
- new brakes all round
- new front wheel bearings
- 18mm rear anti roll bar (upgrade due to LPG tank in back) and complete tie-rods L&R
Wheels and Tires
- 16" ET 23.3 teledials, continental premium contact.
They were polished when I bought them, don't feel like repainting, looks good enough to me and easy to clean, too
All times are GMT -8. The time now is
-- Pelican Parts - vBulletin 2 Style
Pelican Parts Catalog for Porsche, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, MINI and More
Terms of Service
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by
Copyright 2020 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -
DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
DTO Garage Plus
by Drive Thru Online, Inc.