Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Garage

Smokey (RIP :()

Garage
Vehicle Name Smokey (RIP :()
Year 1999
Make Volkswagen
Model Golf TDI
Color Black
History My first car. I've owned this car for 4 years and have a love/hate relationship with it. It started life with the legendary 01M automatic transmission that is prone to failure, so I converted it to a 5 speed manual. I named it Smokey because it likes to blow black soot upon hard acceleration. It comes in handy when someone is riding my ass!

On January 31, 2013 at 12:34 PM Smokey was T-boned by a 78 year old woman. I've had a love/hate relationship with this car, but I loved it more than I hated it I hope to get it back from the insurance company so I can part it out, or at least get it crushed right away. I can't stand the idea of it sitting in a junkyard to rot while people pick it apart
Exterior Euro headlights, Stubby Antenna J-Series telescopic antenna, Mk3 TDI grill emblem, VR6 rear bumper, and a Diesel Geek skid plate.

Interior New South Performance boost/EGT gauges with behind the steering wheel gauge pod, Euro headlight switch, VW emblem shift knob, TDI embroiled shift boot, JVC touch screen radio with iPod hookup, Monster Mats rubber floor mats, and metal pedal covers.

Performance Upgrades 5 speed manual conversion, 11m injection pump, RocketChip stage 4 tune, VNT 17 turbo, ID parts intake pipe, Eurojet side mount intercooler, mufflerectomy, Bosch T4 injector nozzles, SBC stage 2 daily clutch with 17lb (I think?) flywheel, PD lift pump, and 3 bar MAP sensor.

Engine / Under the Hood 1.9 liter turbo diesel engine

Suspension Koni FSD struts/shocks, Ebachi springs (forget the exact model), Audi TT solid rear control arm bushings.

Wheels and Tires OZ Alleggerita 17 inch rims with Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires (extreme contact my ass...).