Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Garage

"Girlfriend"

Garage
Vehicle Name "Girlfriend"
Year 1985
Make Porsche
Model 911 Targa
Color Indishrot/India/Guards Red
History I'm the third owner, bought it in 2005 from Tyson's Corner Porsche in Northern Virginia. I've always wanted a turbo or turbo body but at the time I got this Targa it was the only one available for the budget I was willing to spend. However I'm very happy as regardless of anything it is still a 911 and it handles and behaves as such.
How it looks today!
First pic when I got the car back in 05
The car finally at my place, cleaned and polished!
Still got the dealer temp tags!
Exterior I just recently got the duck tail and I had the tail painted and also did a touch up on the paint. I really wanted to have the whole car re-touched but could only do a partial re-touch. Still it looks pretty good!
Here with the Bosch H4's and ZEX HID bulbs.
Looking good!
Old pic with the Carrera tail, but when I first put the 9 Euro's.

Interior Got a Personal wood steering that my wife got for me the first year I had the car. Although I was looking for something more closer in look like a 930 type wheel but hey is all good. I also have a dash cap for now as I will be replacing the dash pad soon. Some covers for now on the seats, but will be re-upholstering them with some replacement vinyl or leather covers. Still a work in progress. Speakers are 5 1/4 Sony's and FLI's 5x7 in the rear deck.
Wood steering wheel (wife gift) there is a newer stero now, than the one in the pic.

Performance Upgrades Replace the catalytic converter with a Schnell bypass pipe. Dansk sport muffler 1 in and 1 out. Clawett high performance ignition wires. Modified air box to resemble the Fabspeed airbox.
Bosch H4 upgrade headlights with Sylvania ZEX bulbs (not pictured).
Schnell by pass pipe
Dansk Sport Muffler and inset my 02 M3
Nice and clean!

Engine / Under the Hood Replace the catalytic converter with a Schnell bypass pipe. Dansk sport muffler 1 in and 1 out. Clawett high performance ignition wires. Modified air box to resemble the Fabspeed airbox. Pretty much the same of what I stated on the previous but a bit of more different pics for now.

Suspension Have not address this yet, the only thing is that I lowered it to Euro height and that is it for now.

Wheels and Tires Replaced the rear 7 Fuch and placed them on front, got 9 inch Euromeisters for the rear. Future upgrade will be to 17 inch Euromeister Fuchs unless I could afford some forge wheels at some point.
Back in 05 with 7 and 6 Fuchs and original Carrera Tail
After getting the 9's on the back and the rear 7's on front.
With the Duck tail and fresh paint retouch. My M3 in the back.