300hp 1800lbs is the goal

Garage
Vehicle Name pksystems 97 Talon TSi AWD
Year 1997
Make Eagle
Model Talon TSi AWD
Color Black
History Picked up cheap ($1400)

The car had a spun bearing in the engine. I have replaced it with a built 6-bolt 2.3L stroker engine.

PO's best 1/4 mile (before he blew the engine) 13.69 @ 103mph

Someone tried to lift the car under the middle of the door in several places, and bent the hell out of the pinch welds. (GET A CLUE PEOPLE.) Hopefully I can get them looking pretty straight with a BFH. --> Fixed

Looks like they also tried to lift the car under a reinforced section in the middle of the floor pan. That section is completely mangled. The metal was cut out, and a new piece fabbed. Welded back in, and sealed with seam sealer/undercoat.

Some rust at bottom front of rear wheel wells. I've fixed this type of rust before, and the twist side skirts/door caps will cover all repairs. Repairs will be painted from the inside of the panel, and hopefully last another 20+ years ---> Fixed

Some bubbled paint on front strut tower (common on these cars) Flat screwdriver test didn't go too well. I'll be doing some cutting/patching in this area to replace the holes I made. ---> Fixed

Front window tint has been taken off. The car can now be driven after 4pm

All removable components have been taken off, sandblasted and powdercoated.

Subframes/control arms have been powdercoated with PBTP Mirror black.

Calipers/swaybars/accents have PBTP Mirror orange powdercoat. (Opposite 912 colour scheme)

The engine bay has been De-blinged. There is no polished aluminum under the hood. I need to make this look OEM-ish, so I used alot of flat black powdercoat in the engine bay, to help hide the fact this car is heavily modified.

Cleaned up/gave rear diff a thick coat of "Professional" Gloss black Tremclad
Picked it up in a blizzard.  Tow truck guy loved me :)
Pic from PO
Pic from PO
Exterior 95-96 Talon Twist Skirts/door caps (Picked up cheap @ PNP)

I've made Kevlar F&R mudflaps (Rallyarmour style) with a polished Carbon rear facing section.

Mitsu forgot to put tow hooks on these cars. Being that it is a DSM, it will probably be towed again at some point in it's life. I've added through bumper screw in eyelets (cut on waterjet) with 2 Tonne rated shackles. All powdercoated orange.
Pic from PO
Pic from PO
Some monkey can't jack cars.

Interior A pillar dual Gauge Pod
Cluster dual gauge pod

Innovate MTX-L wideband gauge
Autometer C2 oil pressure gauge
Autometer C2 boost gauge
Autometer C2 water temp gauge

GReddy Profec B Spec II Boost Controller

Front seats have been replaced with 2004 Hyundai Tiburon black leather seats from PNP ($80) Way better seat then OEM tsi cloth seats. Seat sliders have been cut/welded/redrilled to bolt into car

Headliner has stripped of the oem fabric, and given a polished Carbon Fiber overlay

Door inserts have also had the oem fabric replaced with a polished Carbon Fiber overlay.

Dirty old tan/beige carpet has been dyed black with duplicolor vinyl and fabric dye
Carbon Fiber Headliner
Leather Hyundai Tiburon seats
Found some leather 04 Tiburon seats

Performance Upgrades Apexi cat back exhaust
GReddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Evo 3 Clutch type rear LSD in OEM non-LSD housing

Quaife Helical front LSD

Unknown brand Clutch type center LSD
Was under the impression, that it was a KAAZ, but they have confirmed it isn't one of theirs. I believe is an older CUSCO

ABS Delete (From non-ABS car) ABS in these cars is like early first gen, and really blows.
Evo III LSD .. powdercoated cover mirror orange
Mitsu forgot tow hooks.  Through bumper F&R added.

Engine / Under the Hood 2.3L Stroker 6-bolt 4G63 block
2G 7-bolt head
Wiseco forged pistons
Eagle forged H-beam rods
Comp 272 camshafts
OEM 2.4L forged crank
Balance shaft delete
All gaskets replaced
New water/oil pump
New B&M engine oil cooler with a carbon duct leading to a small used Nascar oil cooler for the powersteering

Evo IX 560CC injectors with new seals/filters

Evo III 16G Turbo

Evo III intake manifold
1G 60mm throttle body

Ported 2G exhaust manifold

Evo II o2 housing (mildly ported)

Punishment Racing HUGE Front Mount Intercooler

Injen Air intake with BOV recirculate tube added.

GReddy blow off valve (Refinished in matte black)

Fidanza light weight flywheel

ACT2100 clutch

Braided clutch line

Dual knockoff (ebay) D1 Spec Oil catch cans, with added baffling, and ball valve drains added

Suspension 3G Eclipse rear Upper & Lower tubular control arms

3G Eclipse 19mm rear sway bar

Mitsubishi Outlander (SUV) front calipers. Should be close to Brembo stopping power, but fit under 17's, refinished in Mirror Orange powdercoat, with black Mitsubishi decals

Black braided brake lines

Energy suspension polyurethane bushings everywhere. Front, back, engine mounts, shifter mounts...etc...

Mitsu cheaped out on mounting the rear diff. It's held in place with 3 of a possible 4 locations. The extra mount points are threaded into the side of the diff housing. I made a custom bracket, and added a mount point on the rear subframe. I made a new urethane bushing to match the 3 aftermarket bushings with Smooth-on PMC-790.

Bolt-in fender braces made out of scrap 1.5x0.085 (Horizontal & Diagonal) & 1.5x0.065 (Vertical joiner) ERW tubing

Koni Yellow (Sport) shocks with DG style front upper spherical perches
Ground Control coilover kit with Eibach springs
Oil, and PS coolers with carbon ducts (3" silicone coupler between them)

Wheels and Tires 17x8" Anthracite color Evo IX Forged BBS wheels for summer wrapped in 235/45R17 BFGoodrich g-Force Comp-2 A/S

17x6.5" Graphite color Eclipse GSX wheels for winter
Winter wheels