Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > Garage

Garage
Vehicle Name 930
Year 1977
Make Porsche
Model 911 Type 930
Color grey some blue some black etc
Packages shes a 34d i think
History Hi i orignally bought this Aust Delivered Matching numbers coupe as a converted to Cab in Dark Blue,
I removed all the paint except for under the carpets and in skins as it was still factory
Through the car there was no rust and no body filler present anywhere, Which i believe is Extremely Rare especially for a 1977 year car. anyway i got the coa and shows a honest history and matching engine/Chassis number engine being the 930/52 version a fairly rare EURO ROW @ 260+ponies
Exterior Note the rear guard i made a hole then inserted a 50mm Aluminum tubing and flushed it with the face i then used factory 60mm tubing and ran it from the inside of the Aluminum tube , which i then installed the piece and i will be making a wide flange to run from the open inside of the 60mm hose to the lower (Exhaust) side of the valve covers to offer cooling while driving during the summer, Ill do this for both sides, this is one of several (cooling) mods ill be making, more out of practicality than Aesthetically.

Next cooling mod i did was to drill holes into the front right rubber , the one that sits in front of the Brass Trombone Oil cooler, while small in diameter i have run a length of silicone trunbing from the inside end of each aluminum tube and planted each tube firmly between the horizontal cooling rods where they wil give most benefit which is directly against the( main cooler?) im assuming the front one is the main one.. anyway they have a direct guage noticable effect on cooling (5deg)avg, whilst at speed, so this is a plus..

My third cooling mod is of the Petrol Tank directly by (spending money on this one) i bought some aircraft padded heat reflective shield to keep the Gas cool, not sure how much this works but at the least it offers more protection to the tank against knocks.

Interior black leather with all factory guages original and intact.
Note inside engine lid, I lined this also with aircraft heat repellant, taking away the need for the large and heavy Heat shield. I used this product throughout the car especially in the rear area.

note under fender, i spent a lot of time getting it to look fresh, not lookng in factory theme but this paint is Heat proof to 1000 degrees celsius, All under panel paint is painted in heat proof or Ceramic coated as is the Turbo

Engine bay Panels also lined to direct heat away from engine and up exiting the rear of the intercooler, this works very well with a marked drop in temperature at speed

Performance Upgrades Working with engine
I got lucky and found an X51 factory ported 3.3 performance Intake Manifold, so ive put it on my 3.0 block,
I also splurged and installed new vacuum blocks , a high pressure braided fuel line from WUR, and more heat proof paint, .
I ws using my original 3.0 throttle body on the 3.3 manifold by installing it sideways, but i changed this to a more suited 3.3 throttle body on which i fabricated a double return spring on the gas pedal line to make the pedal feel stronger and lift off twice as fast to keep up with the lightened flywheel engine drop speed
engine not finished im still learning and redoing things .. also now repainting it i think third time in as many years... you gotta love it!

Engine / Under the Hood 2 in 2 out free flowing Monty Muffler which makes the best sound ive ever heard,

I also installed some Carbon fibre trim underneath rear panel,

I replaced clutch cable and also installed new CV Boots/flanges and Joints

Installed recently x51 Manifold woohoooooo, as soon as i finish the fusebox wiring im gonna drive it like i stole it

Suspension

Wheels and Tires note heat shielding also covering fuel tank to keep fuel at cooler temps, this increases performance and safety