Boxster S

Garage
Vehicle Name Boxster S
Year 2003
Make Porsche
Model 986S
Color Black/tan
Packages Bellybutton car--nothing special
History Bought to flip after having tracked a long-hood 911 for 30 years and despite doing all the little things (and some big) to have a reliable track mate, I spun a bearing during my first track outing. The IMS and RMS had been retrofitted and my bad luck was the wrong oil on a hot day...no over-revs, but also no oil pressure gauge or oil temp...my bad.
I took a year looking for a 3.2 and then stumbled onto a 3.6 from a 03 911. Yay! Followed the Pelican brief to a T and now have a car that picked up minimum of 60 HP over the 3.2 and offers much more torque. It is a driver and I will forever be upside down, but I guess all the years that I never had a mechanical failure in the 911 (still own--73 2.4 E Coupe) caught up to me in this first water-cooled P car. Oh well. This has A/C and living in Colorado with dirt roads, gravel, and altitude, I now have a fun car that I just don't worry about nearly as much as I would the 911.
Exterior Black exterior No mods...

Interior Tan...gauges and alcantara seat inserts (for track and heat)

Performance Upgrades 3.6 with Sportronic tune. Exhaust needs headers--thinking FabSpeed but looking for a deal.

Engine / Under the Hood Cold air intake and 996 induction with larger TB. Undersized pulley, 160 degree thermo

Suspension Stock Bilsteins

Wheels and Tires MY 93 5 spoke with 911 fitment